Friday, March 4, 2016

Friday Favorites: The First of March!

Happy, happy Friday you guys! After the weirdest week ever last week, it is kind of refreshing to have worked a normal, low-key week, and I am ready to dive into the weekend and enjoy some warmer weather and relaxation with my family! Obviously with spring right around the corner, I am loving all things bright, cheery, and pretty, so let's get to it with some of my favorite things lately!

A huge selection of shoes are currently Buy One, Get One half off at Target, and you seriously need to go and stock up. I purchased both the gray sneakers, as well as the striped slip ons, and love them both. They are surprisingly comfortable, and the slip-ons don't run small, which I usually find tends to be the case with 'cheaper' shoes. I think these will be adorable with both skinny jeans as well as shorts once we get into summer, and will be perfect for playing around outside!


I mentioned earlier this week that I just could not pass up the sale going on at Old Navy, despite my inability to fit into normal clothes at this point in my pregnancy. I snagged this pair of jeans for seven dollars, and these for only $15. I ordered multiple sizes as reviews kind of indicated they are all over the place, and am glad I did. I actually ended up finding the size smaller in one pair fit looser than the larger size in the other, but I did end up keeping both styles. For those prices, how could I not!? I love Old Navy more and more every day.




Speaking of Old Navy, I have had my eye on this dress for the past few weeks. My brother in law is getting married in June, so I will be postpartum, but I am not quite sure where I will land in terms of what looks best at that time. This dress seems like a great option for the rehearsal dinner the night before, and would also look adorable under a jacket on Sunday mornings at church. The back is gathered and stretchy, which I also like. It is much easier to buy 'small, medium, or large' versus a numbered size when you will be transitioning from a pregnant body back to your 'normal' body!


After searching high and low for the perfect 'not fuscia but not quite neon' pink polish, I think I have found it in this beauty by China Glaze. I am dying to try it out, and can't wait to share if it is truly that 'barbie pink' I have been looking for. #nailpolishocd #waytoopicky


I gushed about this fried rice recipe before, but you guys, it is seriously SO good and SO easy to make. I have had to refrain from making it multiple times in a week, because mama don't need all those carbs. I can't get over how it took me approximately five minutes to whip up, and tasted just as good, if not better, than the stuff I get at my favorite chinese restaurants.

With that, I am off to enjoy a short work day this Friday, and hopefully a fabulous weekend after spending the last two weekends taking care of a sick baby. I can't wait to actually enjoy our days off and hopefully get some things accomplished!







8 comments:

  1. During my first pregnancy I went to Old Navy for maternity clothes several times. I remember it was hard to find one with a maternity section but eventually did. And that rice does look yummy. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so nice finally having places that offer decent maternity options-feeling frumpy gets old fast and it makes a huge difference to put on something cute!

      Delete
  2. You can never go wrong with a deal on shoes at Target. Fried rice looks delicious too!! Have a great weekend xx
    Christina :: Simple and Delish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is seriously one of the easiest recipes, i highly recommend! And yes, Target has the best finds always!

      Delete
  3. $7 jeans?! Talk about a score!!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was seriously so excited, fingers crossed they fit in 3 months :-)

      Delete
  4. I'm 6 weeks postpartum and have that dress! It does a great job of being comfortable but not too frumpy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that is good to know! I am definitely thinking I am going to have to try it out!!

      Delete

 
End of code a066643bb8ed59c9c7b30b6330a639ea796168fa0a83aa603f