Thursday, March 3, 2016

Bumpdate: 29 Weeks

Just like that, another week down! While I technically still have 11 weeks to go, I still get super anxious when I realize with Jackson I was only 7 weeks from delivery at this point. That sounds like WAY LESS time! I have my fingers crossed that this baby stays in until closer to his due date. You can already bet I have anxiety about Sunday, April 24th, when I will be exactly as far along as I was when I had Jackson. Doesn't that just sound WAY closer than May 20th!? GULP. I really need to get on top of finishing the hat I am making for baby to wear home from the hospital, and I am just keeping it real when I say I will probably pack our hospital bags in the next few weeks. Better safe than sorry!
Sweater (non maternity) // Leggings (non maternity) 


How far along? 29 weeks
Gender: little man
Total weight gain:  right where I guessed, I was up 21 pounds at my appointment last Friday. At a point a week that would put me on track to gain 33 pounds total. I'll say let's try to keep it to 30, but you know, cake happens...
Maternity clothes? Yes, but still mostly just rocking leggings and sweaters. I realized getting dressed the morning I took my bump photo that I am seriously cycling through the same four express sweaters and ON leggings on repeat. The weather is supposed to be in the 50's all of next week, and I have every intention of whipping out my maxi skirts and dresses. I am so ridiculously excited to change up my wardrobe a bit, I can hardly wait!
Stretch marks? Not yet.
Belly button in or out: In.
Sleep: An adorable 18 month old with a barking cough has been sleeping in my bed, so take a guess. Aside from that, I am also finding myself wide awake around 2am every night. Yay for pregnancy insomnia.
Exercise: Yep, even got in a run outside in shorts and a tank top. On February 27th. In Minnesota. Write that one down people, because I don't think that has EVER happened. This unseasonably warm weather can stick around, it is fine by me!
Best moment this week: I passed my glucose test! I failed by a few measly points with Jackson, which meant doing the dreaded 3 hour test, which I passed with no issues. So to pass the first test right off the bat this time was a huge relief. I obviously went home and made brown butter banana brownies to celebrate.
Miss Anything? I would love a malibu&diet right now. And a full night of sleep, without waking up once.
Movement: Yes. This week, little limbs have started to really push up and wedge into my ribs. It is adorable and terribly annoying all at once. Some of the movements have started to actually become painful/shocking when they happen, and I am sure coworkers wonder why I occasionally gasp for seemingly no reason.
Food cravings: Still nothing major. I have been trying really hard to eat more fruits and veggies and wholesome foods, so maybe part of it is mind over matter? I am just choosing to say no to most of the bad stuff (except for those banana brownies I mentioned..) My sweet tooth actually hasn't been too terrible this week, in fact the other night I brought a Fiber One bar into the bedroom to be prepared to wake up starving after a no dessert evening, and to my surprise I woke up multiple times and it just didn't sound good at all. I'll take it, no one likes to be hungry all of the time!
Symptoms: Kicks to the ribs. Some lower back pain. And pelvic pressure/discomfort after my runs has returned. I remember this happened with Jax, but I never had any complications, just some discomfort, so I push through, and obviously take a day off if I feel like I overdid things. Insomnia.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope!
Labor Signs: No, but it is strangely comforting to know that we are now in the stretch where baby would most likely be okay, even with an early delivery! Of course that is the last thing I want, but it makes me happy knowing that is how big and strong my little guy has already grown.
Wedding rings on or off? On. I feel a little less swollen since I have been cleaning up my eating, so that's a plus!
Happy or Moody most of the time: Pretty happy this week!
Looking Forward To: Checking out the Tour of Homes this week, and getting our house bid back so we can continue to move forward with finally BUILDING!!

Linking up with Annie and Natalie today! 

3 comments:

  1. I can't get over how great you look! You really don't look like you've gained anything at all and what you have gained literally looks all baby!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so great, lady! Hooray for passing the test.

    ReplyDelete

 
End of code a066643bb8ed59c9c7b30b6330a639ea796168fa0a83aa603f