Tuesday, March 15, 2016

liebster award

Recently, my dear gal pal Jenn over at Crown Me In Glitter nominated me for the Liebster Award! Girlfriend is so funny, has the most darling little girl, and has lots of easy and creative ideas for busy mamas. Check her out now, I promise every single post will leave you giggling at some point.
 I am so excited, I think this is such a fun opportunity to share a bit more about myself, as well as learn more about and engage other bloggers. As I become more involved in this little community, I am constantly blown away by all of the great ideas, advice, and support I receive. It really is the best and I am so glad it is something I took the chance to dive into!


Here are the rules for the Liebster Award:
Thank the Blogger that nominated you in your post and link back to their site
Answer 11 questions from the Blogger that nominated you
Tell your readers 11 random facts about you
Nominate 11 Bloggers for the Liebster Awards
Ask your nominees to answer 11 questions
Questions From Jenn
What is your favorite ice cream? Ooooh I love it all. Coldstone creamery 'cookie doughn't you want some' with cake batter ice cream is to. die. for. I apologize if any of you become addicted as a result.
What is your drink of choice at Starbucks? Depending on season, either a hot or iced skinny caramel macchiato. I am going to have my first iced version of the spring very soon and it is always a monumental moment that leaves me so happy I pratically skip down the street!
If you could be any candy, what would you be and why? Obviously a Sour Patch Kid! I am sweet and sour, and the change can happen quickly ;-)
Who is your favorite Friends character!? (Please don’t tell me you don’t watch Friends!)Oh the shame I honestly don't really watch Friends! But I have always had a soft spot for Phoebe whenever I watch, love her quirkiness!
Favorite childhood memory? When I was five and my baby sister was born, I was brought to meet her, and my dad left with my brothers and I got to eat hospital food of my choice (which is exciting to a five year old) and hang out in the room with my mom and new sister. I remember loading my turkey sandwich with miracle whip, and feeling so special to be hanging out as 'the girls'. It is one of my first memories, and to this day girl time with those two is one of my absolute favorite things.
If you could only keep 5 material items for the rest of your life, what would they be? My cell phone, a picture of my family, a water bottle, my car (with a bottomless tank of gas), and my comfiest pair of jeans.
If you could go back in time, what year would you travel to!? 1950! I would love, love, love to go hang out in the 50's, drink soda at the local diner, and wear A-line gingham dresses. Sign me up!
Are you usually late, on time, or early? Usually I am slightly early. Unless it is a work conference call I really don't want to be on..then I may or may not sign in at the last minute..
Summer or winter? Summer, no question. Have you tried to spend a winter in Minnesota before? Ick.
What is your favorite thing to shop for? Clothing. For myself and my kiddos!
What is your favorite thing about blogging? All of the awesome ladies I have met, and the resources and connections those ladies have exposed me to!
11 Random Facts
1. I am 6 feet tall. I get a comment about it nearly every single day. 
2. Despite my height, growing up I was a dancer and a figure skater. No volleyball or basketball for this girl!
3. I have a serious sweet tooth, and could eat an entire pan of brownies every single day.
4. I am the mama to one little boy, and have another little man on the way, due in May!
5. My husband is six years older than me, but his love of sports and video games sometimes makes me feel like I am the older one.
6. When I was in elementary school, my body grew so fast that I had an 'extra' bone grow off of my tibia, and needed surgery to remove it.
7. I have a yellow gold engagement/wedding ring, and like to boast that I was all about the gold before it became the trend that it is now.
8. My name is spelled Mackensey, not Mackenzie, and never once has a person spelled it correctly.
9. Both sides of my family, and nearly all of my extended family, lives in the same town. We are small town, and I have no plans to ever leave.
10. Despite saying we would never build a house..my husband and I are officially building a house this spring.
11. I live in a house full of boys, but I am all about pink, glitter, and rhinestones. I even had my son dress as Elvis this past Halloween and his costume was covered in sequins and bling. I get my sparkle fix wherever I can.

The Nominees
All of these ladies are awesome bloggers, and each has their own unique angle that makes their posts so fun to read. Whether it be home decor, fashion, or kid related topics, I always leave their blogs with new ideas and things I want to try!

Taylor at The Styled Press
Jacquelyn at The Low Country Mama
Darcy at A Memory Of Us
Amanda at Klein Dot Co
Owen at The Davis Duo

Questions For The Nominees:
1. What inspired you to start blogging?
2. What is your blogging 'niche'? What do you most enjoy writing about?
3. What is your favorite cocktail? What goes into it?
4. What do you do for a living outside of blogland?
5. What is your ultimate guilty pleasure?
6. How would you spend an entire day off to yourself, where money isn't an object?
7. What was your favorite vacation ever?
8. What is your all-time favorite recipe?
9. What is your favorite place to shop?
10. Who is your celebrity crush?
11. What is one CD (old school I know) that you could listen to on repeat?

Thank you again to Jenn for the nomination, and congrats to all of the ladies nominated above! I can't wait to see what you all have to share and to learn a little bit more about you!

6 comments:

  1. You are too sweet! Thanks so much for the nomination! I loved learning more about you! I am so with you on the sweet tooth - give me all the desserts! I actually have to make a point NOT to keep sweets in the house, otherwise I'd be indulging way too much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excited to see what you share in your post! Sweets will be the death of us all, I swear, it's impossible to say no!

      Delete
  2. So much fun learning more about you! I am not an avid Friends watcher either (the horror!!). I will join you in eating brownies everyday...they are just so dang good and let's be real, the pans aren't that big either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NO brownie pans are never big enough! Bottomless would be the best ;-)

      Delete
  3. Thanks girl for the nomination! I will fill this out soon! I can't believe you aren't a Friend's watcher--I pretty much watch one episode every day...I love it! And like you, my whole family lives in the same small town and my husband's family live near us. We're definitely in this area for life!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! One day maybe I will try getting into Friends..some day!

      Delete

 
End of code a066643bb8ed59c9c7b30b6330a639ea796168fa0a83aa603f