Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Confessions

I am so glad it is already Thursday! This week has been flying by, but that doesn't mean I am not super ready to welcome another weekend! Of course, before we start thinking about the weekend, it is time for some weekly confessions with Jess and Caitlin!

I confess..

Pregnancy weight gain has be stressing. I am within normal range, but about 3 pounds ahead of where I was at this point with Jackson. In fact, this entire pregnancy I have just consistently sat about 3 pounds ahead of the last time. Hardly an earth shattering difference, but still. I am SO eager to get back into shape after baby is here.

My sweet tooth is out of control. Probably not helping with the pregnancy weight gain. My parents gave us a ton of Easter candy last weekend, including a bag of Reeses eggs, and said bag is already gone. In my defense, hubby ate as many as I did..

I am about to snap when it comes to sleeping and my toddler lately. His 'comfort item' is hair. Yes, hair. He could care less about stuffed animals, sound machines, or blankets, but if he is in need of comfort, you best believe he will have his entire first in your head of hair. Some nights if I move to get away, he will wake out of a DEEP sleep, cry, frantically reach until he can feel my hair, and immediately fall back to sleep. HELP.

I am seriously getting mad in my search of a nursing tank top. Long, fitted so it can be worn under other shirts, and enough coverage that I don't need a bra underneath (because doesn't that defeat the whole purpose?) You would think I were asking someone to move mountains!

Even though I am still pregnant, I have found myself already fantasizing about having baby number three. Might be putting the cart ahead of the horse there, huh?

Being around other people's dogs has made me decide I never want a dog. They are like a baby, except they never grow up!

After having days in the sixties pushing seventies in late February here in Minnesota, the forecast is now grim and icky. Please explain to me how I was running in shorts and a tank top the last weekend of February yet I am wearing boots and jackets the first weekend of April with snow in the forecast? Go home spring, you're drunk.

I so desperately want to go shopping for some cute shorts and spring clothing, but know it just does not make sense to do so until baby comes and I have a better idea of what will fit best. I refuse to buy anything else that is maternity because I will be wearing it for two months, max, but I am so sick of everything I have been wearing and it won't warm up enough for me to pull out my dresses and skirts like I want to!

Sorry for being a bit of a downer today, but it is rainy and cold and I am sleep deprived and pregnant and wishing away April because I am SO ready for all that May will bring! Soon enough! :-)

16 comments:

  1. Girl, don't apologize, just one of those days. Head up!

    xo Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks. Some weeks it is so nice to have these linkups to just vent a little :-)

      Delete
  2. Ok so Target nursing tops..the Gillian & O'malley brand..are my favorite tanks ever. Like I have had no need for "nursing" tanks in 6+ months, and I still wear them daily. they are long for us tall gals, and they provide great support that I never have to wear a bra! I'm not pamela anderson in the boob department, but i can't say enough good things about those tanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually just bought some of those! I seriously have my fingers crossed the cup size stays under control..I may be one of the few crazies that misses my small boobs when I am pregnant/nursing!

      Delete
  3. These tanks were my go to with Mila. You can nurse AND pump with them. I had several and I wore one every day under my shirt - made pumping at work SO easy. http://www.amazon.com/Classic-All-In-One-Nursing-Hands-Pumping/dp/B00L9I5SDG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh awesome I definitely have to check these out, thanks!!

      Delete
  4. This nursing tank is worth the investment. I haven't nursed in almost 2 years and I still wear it. It is the best tank I have ever owned! http://bravadodesigns.com/products/essential-nursing-tank?variant=1176683625

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have seen those on a lot of lists..I have such a hard time splurging on nursing items..but a part of me is thinking I should just bite the bullet and do it!

      Delete
  5. Is there anyway you can give him a doll with hair? Okay I know that sounds creepy but it's just a thought. My daughter loves being rocked before she goes into her crib and if it's me, it's usually an avoidable night routine. I can't think of anything to substitute me!

    Sorry about the weather too, it's been icky down here as well.

    liz @ j for joiner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have actually thought of this! Go figure to find a doll that isn't a disney princess or more of a 'play doll' is harder than you would think!
      It does help to remember that it is a season and there is a good chance a year from now our littles will go to sleep and not need us at all so I try to soak it up as much as I can!

      Delete
  6. I never had luck with nursing tanks either. I used my Target maternity tanks and a nursing bra. But let me know if you find a good one just in case we have baby #3. The hair grabbing to sleep is weird. My girls grab my hair all day, but to sleep, not sure what to do. Here is to sleeping and being comfortable for the rest of your pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He literally has been doing it since he has been old enough to grab at things. He just LOVES hair and something about running his fingers through it relaxes him..strange I know, I just wish he preferred a blanket or stuffed animal! ;-)
      I will keep you posted if I find the perfect top or bra..to be honest, I am definitely still hunting!

      Delete
  7. I'm sitting a few pounds ahead in pregnancy #2 as well. But I have no will power when it comes to my sweet tooth so I can't complain. Lol. And toddler sleep is awful. Mykenzi's soothing mechanism is her hand on my throat! It's all fine and dandy until she hits the airway and I hack up a lung.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I'm not the only one who can't get away from the constant 'touching' when the toddlers are falling asleep! And yes, I complain but then continue to bake brownies so really who can I blame ;-) You look fabulous though!!

      Delete
  8. Good luck finding a nursing tank! And with the weather being so crazy, it's going to make a lot of people sick!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, found some that are decent, but definitely still looking. It is ridiculous how hard it is to find one!

      Delete

 
End of code a066643bb8ed59c9c7b30b6330a639ea796168fa0a83aa603f