Friday, March 11, 2016

Bumpdate: 30 Weeks

30 weeks, 30 weeks, 30 weeks! Some days drag, but for the most part I am baffled how I am already this far along in my pregnancy. We are officially 3/4 of the way done, and that due date is ticking closer and closer. Here's to hoping these next ten weeks fly by just as quickly!


How far along? 30 weeks
Gender: This question is beginning to feel a bit silly..unless there is the surprise of a lifetime waiting for us, this baby is all boy!
Total weight gain: I honestly haven't stepped on the scale this week. Safe bet would be 22-23 pounds. Maybe 50 after I indulged in pizza and a Shamrock Shake.
Maternity clothes? Some mixed in with mostly normal clothing.
Stretch marks? Not yet, but my skin has felt TIGHT lately, so the verdict is still out on how this one will go.
Belly button in or out: In
Sleep: Not so good. I have just accepted that the pregnancy insomnia has made it's arrival, and sleep is something I won't be seeing much of any time soon. Fortunately I haven't really slept in two years thanks to another little boy, anyway, so I'm used to it.
Exercise: Runs. One of my feet hurts terribly this week, almost like it is bruised, so a few days off were definitely in order. But I got in a fabulous run outside in the 65 degree weather Monday, it was glorious!
Best moment this week:  Washing and organizing Jackson's old baby clothes and getting them into the dresser for our new little guy! Seeing them hang in the closet alongside Jackson's clothes now is almost funny..yet ridiculously heartbreaking at the same time. It is sad how quickly they grow.
Miss Anything? I am guessing it has something to do with the weather, but man oh man could I go for a fruity cocktail or hard cider right about now.
Movement: Lots, still up under my ribs where the dude loves to stick his feet.
Food cravings: Fruit, trail mix, and last weekend I was all about the brownies. Chocolate and me..we understand each other.
Symptoms: Insomnia, lower back pain, a little bit of certain 'lack of control', particular when sneezing or suddenly coughing. And a bit of reflux, which I never had before and am not liking! If I eat too much and then lay down to go to bed, any sort of burp runs the risk of food coming back up with it. Yuck! Oh, and this week brought the glorious return of middle of the night calf cramps, OUCH.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope!
Labor Signs: None, but my research tells me part of reflux can be due to the body releasing relaxin, which means we are slowly but surely getting things in order for delivery in a few months!
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy, but feeling emotional and just kind of 'bleh' this week 
Most Looking Forward To: I have started sorting out what I plan to bring to the hospital for baby (I am packing too soon versus not soon enough this time!) and cannot wait to get everything the little guy needs put together and to start imagining that when I open that bag up, he will be here!





6 comments:

  1. You look so cute!!! Can you believe you're almost there?
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is seriously flying by. I suppose that is one perk of being busy with a toddler and building a house, right?! This little guy is going to be here before we know it!

      Delete
  2. You look great! I missed fruity cocktails too... a virgin sangria is yummy in the meantime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am being positive and telling myself I had all of last summer and will be able to indulge on occasion this summer, too! Baby will be out just in time for a Memorial Day drink :-) I will have to try making virgin sangria to hold me over!

      Delete
  3. I love this! Chocolate and me understand each other too haha!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl, you look fantastic!! That is the tiniest little 30 week bump I ever did see! Mine was HUGE by then! I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

 
End of code a066643bb8ed59c9c7b30b6330a639ea796168fa0a83aa603f