Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Confessions

I am linking up with Danielle for some confessions today, and as I continue to adjust to mommyhood of two little boys, I definitely have lots to say!

I confess...

My toddler finally woke up and ignored his new baby brother long enough to actually fall back asleep and slept until 7:30 and I nearly cried tears of joy.

Both children proceeded to be monsters that day so that hour to myself was probably the only thing that kept me from crying in a corner.

I am so excited and thankful to have the new house we are building, but some days I just want to stomp my feet like a little kid and demand to move in NOW. I really wouldn't mind sleeping on bare wood floors with sawdust. 

I need a day to myself. Bad. Just because I am on maternity leave doesn't mean I get to enjoy downtime. My mom is a gem and watches the kids long enough for me to run a few errands or squeeze in a run, and I am so thankful. But I need a solid 8 hours to emotionally check out and be selfish.

I am debating spending $34 on a t-shirt, for real. Ladies, do any of you have this one, and do you think it's worth it? So long, and reviews say it is so soft. I love me some t-shirts, and I am kind of over buying cheap every year.

I despise brushing Jackson's teeth. While Instrive to do it daily, in reality...I don't. 

I still haven't had an adult beverage since having Lincoln. I need one. Little men who eat at unpredictable times make it pretty darn difficult, though.

I turned on the Bachelorette Monday night, but ended up putting Jackson to bed. Mike watched the entire two hours, and again last night. I wanted to yell at him, because he watched, and ENJOYED a show I have been dying to watch, but you know..children.

I don't think I am going to hate going back to work at the end of my leave. Don't get me wrong, I don't want leave to end..but two kids under two is no joke. Some days I get jealous when my husband gets to leave and has a break throughout the day.

This is kind of a downer post. Probably due to being written on a difficult day with difficult kids and feeling blah.

I also confess that I really do like my life, I promise ;-)

One day until Friday, ladies!

1 comment:

  1. I want a whole 8 hours to myself as well. It is hard being a mom of two. We need our space too. My husband watched the second Bachelorette of the week without me too. I was so mad. I had to watch it last night so I could get caught up to where he was. Not fair.

    ReplyDelete

 
End of code a066643bb8ed59c9c7b30b6330a639ea796168fa0a83aa603f