Saturday, July 30, 2016

Weekending: Back to Reality

Well as if Monday's aren't Monday-ish enough, today I say goodbye to maternity leave and hello to the return of being a working mom. While this day is so so hard, I would be lying if I said I wasn't somewhat ready to go back. I am going back to a new position (more on that another day!), so it feels a bit more like the first day of school where you are nervous excited, compared to going back after Christmas break, which basically is just the worst ;-) 
So, this weekend was spent SUPER low-key. On Friday I squeezed in one final lunch date with my mom. We spent all of my leave together. She stays home, so having her help nearly every day with the boys was heaven sent. I love my kiddos, but to be honest I'm not sure how I would have fared being home alone with two under two every day. It is hard. She was there for the past 12 weeks to feed Jackson lunch when I had to nurse Lincoln, go on morning walks with me to get some exercise for us and fresh air for the kiddos, and to offer to watch the boys every now and again so I could sneak off to the gym or to get groceries in kid-free peace. Needless to say, she is an angel and I had the best summer with her. And Jackson just loved our lunch date because hello ice cream. He does not like when it gets on his face and you have never seen a kid more cautious with ice cream, it's the cutest!
After lunch I got away for a little alone time with my sweet Jax, and we ran to Party City for some birthday supplies. He turns TWO this week and I'm just not quite sure how that is even possible. 
On Saturday, Mike and his dad installed the appliances and final plumbing fixtures in our house! You guys, it is so painfully close to moving day I can hardly stand it. I know I can't exactly speak from experience because I haven't gone full term, but I imagine how I am feeling is about how the last week or two of pregnancy feels. Never ending. So close and yet so far! 
Being Mike was working the entire day, I ran to TJMaxx with the boys, grabbed some groceries, and whipped up some cream cheese white chocolate cranberry cookies. They were delish!
The rest of the weekend was really just spent preparing for my return to work. Here is hoping for the fastest Monday ever!


6 comments:

  1. Thinking of you today! May your Monday be short and easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your return to work went well today! I wish I had a job that worked better for me to work and have my kids in daycare!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoping your first day back is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man! Hope your first day back went fast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel your pain about going back to work--we start back on Friday..yuck! I hope today went well for you!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope your first day back was wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete

 
End of code a066643bb8ed59c9c7b30b6330a639ea796168fa0a83aa603f