Thursday, July 21, 2016

Confessions

Happy Thursday all! This one is bittersweet for me; I always look forward to weekends, but next week is my last week of maternity leave, so there's that. I am soaking up these final days off, and am joining in with Danielle for confessions today.

I confess..

I hate Human Resources. I work for what has become a really large company over the past ten years or so. And while there are advantages, there are also a good number of disadvantages. Everything is by the book, and this can really result in feeling like you don't have a voice.

My kids don't sleep. A lot of friends/bloggers had babies very close in time to when I had Lincoln, as as they all are posting about how 'yay!' my baby slept through the night, I'm over here like 'hey my kid was up three times and to add the cherry on top my toddler was up twice'. Ladies I love you, but I hate you :-)

The final weeks of building a house feels a lot like the final weeks of pregnancy. Neverending. Can I just move, already?

We are in a heat advisory with a high of 99 today. I can't deal. You southerners are probably laughing at me, but I am Midwestern through and through. I am built for the frigid cold, gimme all the boots and warm sweaters. Me and the heat don't mesh well.

I really want to pull the trigger on the AE girlfriend shorts, but $45 just seems steep for a pair of shorts, even if they get rave reviews. Any sales you guys know of to get that price down?!

The Nordstrom sale makes me want to cry, because all my money is going towards house things. Don't get me wrong, I am loving buying curtains and a new kitchen table and blinds for my bathroom, but mama wants the Kate Spade earrings and some fun new dresses. #homebuilderproblems

My sweet baby is fussy, and sometimes I choose not to eat because I get so upset that I have to put down my bowl of ice cream halfway through to tend to his crying. Or I have to shovel the food I'm so quickly to do mom things that I think 'these calories aren't worth it'. Don't worry, I more than make up for it at other times. 

Speaking of which, I may have eaten a total of SIX chocolate chip cookies during the middle of the night when I was awake feeding Lincoln. Anything to make me feel better when all I want to be doing is sleeping!

When I am stressed or overwhelmed, I bake. Some people come home after a bad day and desperately want the bottle of wine; I desperately want to make the brownies and lick the bowl. It's becoming a problem because life lately is stressful! Mama can't have cookies and brownies around ALL the time.

With that, happy Friday eve, we are almost to another weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Oh my, I was always so jealous when I read about other babies sleeping and napping and on a schedule and I was like barely surviving the days and just like you- eating doritos and cookies and calling that a meal! From my experience though- just make sure you are drinking water- I learned the hard way and had some scary episodes from being dehydrated. Enjoy your last week at home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, my baby doesn't sleep either. Enjoy this week at home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ate a lot of cookies and ice cream during maternity leave. Survival is all that matters. My girls didn't sleep through the night yet and I often wondered the same thing. Were people lying or did I have babies that didn't sleep well? I think some lied. People sometimes glamorize things when it is more tough than it seems. Enjoy your last week of maternity leave!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am with you on the HR complaints, especially for a company that has grown so much in a short amount of time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sleep? What is sleep? Haha! Totally feel you on that one! And YES to the heat advisory. I'm up north too, and the heat advisory this week is 110! #nope.

    ReplyDelete

 
End of code a066643bb8ed59c9c7b30b6330a639ea796168fa0a83aa603f