Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Confessions

I haven't done a confessions post in awhile, but they are just good for the soul sometimes, am I right!? Not that I have a lot in particular to complain about lately, but do I have lots of thoughts constantly running through my mind? Yes.

I hate winter. Big shocker there, right? Really though, despite living in Minnesota I do not snowmobile, do not enjoy sledding (because in order to sled down you must walk up, and that's too much work), do not ice fish, do not ski, the list goes on. Basically, I do zero winter activities. Snow and cold just are not fun when you do nothing to take advantage of them. And also, -20 below zero temperatures? It is just plain wrong.

I also really don't like summer. Okay, I like early summer, where you have temps in the 70's but it still gets kind of chilly at night. But that hot, muggy, mosquito filled 90 degree stuff? No thank you! I seriously need to find a place that is 70 degrees and breezy with no bugs all year long.

Getting into blogging has made me realize I probably should live in the south (which obviously contradicts my dislike of summer). The monogrammed clothing, the Chick Fil A and Dunkin Donuts, the weekends spent by the pool, and just the hospitality and traditional aspects are totally up my alley. I would move, but despite disliking it here, I kind of like it here.

I have never watched The Bachelor, but I have decided I am going to try it out this season, if only to have an hour every week that is set aside for myself, where Mike puts Jax to bed, and I can sit on the couch and indulge in garbage reality television without someone else trying to steal the remote.

I really need to watch/cut back on my spending, but it is sooo hard. Especially when we are so cooped up due to the cold and really all I can do in my free time is binge watch my favorite shows and shop online. Oh, and Groop Dealz. Bad news for my bank account.

I have always prided myself on not being pulled into 'brand name', but lately I have had a major itch for a Kate Spade purse. And I am in love with Michael Kors watches. After getting one for Christmas a year ago I have never looked back, and I am plotting my next one. This one and this one are at the top of my list, I just need to find a time and price point where I can justify the splurge.

Every time I shop, a voice in the back of my head (or maybe it is my husband's voice..) chimes in and says 'remember sweetie, in approximately five months you will be building a new house that needs to be furnished from top to bottom'. New shoes, or new mantel decor? #firstworldproblems

I need to break Jackson of some habits, but have no idea how. He comes into our bed every night. He still requires being rocked to sleep. And this is all going to be a rough go of it once baby S makes his arrival in May. In part I tell myself that life happens and eventually Jackson will just figure it out, but part of me is terrified that his two month old brother will be sleeping through the night, and I will still be rocking my nearly two year old to sleep. I also admit that I adore the time we spend rocking together, and my absolute favorite moment of the day is watching his perfect little face in those first few minutes of sleep in my arms every night.

I am addicted to Cheez Its. My coworker's husband works for Kraft and she brings in lots of snacks all of the time, and lately it has been provolone Cheez Its. I cannot stop eating them. And I have never liked them before. I would call this my most definite and ridiculous pregnancy craving to date.

I cannot keep plants alive. I have one on my desk that I desperately try to keep alive, and it is still kicking, but not looking too good. I try to do everything right, but they just die. Lord help the garden that my husband wants to put in at our new house.

As I expected, I hate dressing for pregnancy in the winter. With Jackson, I wore cute maxi skirts and dresses every day, and was so so comfy. This time around, I have two pairs of nice maternity pants that I bought, but that only covers 2/5 of the work week. Other days, I wear leggings with long sweaters, sweater dresses and tights, and that is about it. And, I feel frumpy and HUGE when I wear the dresses because I feel like they accentuate everything. I am crossing my fingers for an early, warm spring so that I can spend the last month of my pregnancy in my comfy dresses and skirts again.

I am sad that I won't be able to bring my baby home to a 'home'. Our house will likely be under construction, and I will gladly bring him on tours and promise him that I am giving him his own room, but for the first three or so months of his life, baby will be sharing big brother's closet (which is currently overrun with mom and dad's clothes) and sleeping in a bassinet in our room. I am already planning out his nursery for the new house, but it does make me sad that I won't be able to get it all ready and go in there before he is born and just get excited for his arrival.

I never want a dog. I always thought I would for sure have a dog, but since living with my in-laws who have two indoor dogs, I literally can't. One growls at my baby constantly, the other sneaks into my baby's bedroom and pees on his carpet whenever she has the opportunity. Needless to say, I don't think Jax is high on their list of favorite people. Also, dogs eat dirty diapers, so there's that.

I am in a major work slump. I have a lot going on outside of work, and it is all fun and exciting stuff that makes it easy to care less about work in the first place. And when you need for maternity leave that is four months away, leaving isn't an option, so my only chance of utilizing my MBA anytime before next fall is basically if the perfect opportunity within my organization would open up and be willing to work with a very pregnant lady about to take 12 weeks off. Patience is clearly not my friend.

I am thinking I need to do these posts more often, because I clearly have a lot of confessions, and this isn't even half of them!

I can't wait to see what everyone else is up to today! Linking up with HollyJenn, and Jessi!

5 comments:

  1. Awww, I didn't know you were expecting! :) Congrats!!! I'm 34 1/2 weeks along with our first little girl :) I haven't been to your blog since probably before my rebrand so it's been a while.. I'm not loving the winter either and yes, move to the south! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the baby bump... so much fun! I love this confessions post!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg this is so funny because like 99% of this speaks to me. I HATE summer but I do love winter. I love hanging out inside and being cozy and sitting by my fire :) I should also live in the south, but just for the reasons you said. that whole heat thing? no thanks. PLEASE let me know your thoughts on the Bachelor. I am obsessed & watch every season-haha. I can't even talk about the whole spending thing because that is my biggest failure in life. However, I can totally get on board with the Kate Spade bag thing because I live and die by my Kates. As far as rocking to sleep, I say let them be little. I just tell myself it won't last forever and I won't be rocking my baby to sleep when she leaves me to go off to college :(. I kill succulents so theres that. Supposed to be the hardest plant to kill? Well, I have succeeded there. We have 3 indoor dogs and they aren't that bad! Maybe the in-laws dogs are just trying to show their dominance over you guys being in the house. I have heard of that happening a lot-I think it would be different if it was your own dog in your own house!
    Whew-thats a lot hahaha.
    Love these confession posts. So fun to really see and find out new info!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally with you on the weather- somewhere 70s would be perfect! Also YES to living in the South! My boyfriend used to be stationed in North Carolina and I just love everything about the South! You should check out TJMaxx for Michael Kors watches- I was at my local one not too long ago and saw some. They're so inconsistent with what the stores carry but it's worth a shot!
    Annie
    miscellannieous.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think I could live anywhere but the South! I love it! I have family in Michigan and their way of life is so much different from our way of life--it's interesting how regions of the US are so different! And I can't wait until you start building your home and follow along with that! I love being able to go back and read posts about my thoughts during building.
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete

 
End of code a066643bb8ed59c9c7b30b6330a639ea796168fa0a83aa603f