Monday, January 11, 2016

Weekending

Happy Monday everyone! This weekend really wasn't much of anything worth writing about, I am afraid. Low key was the name of our game. And really, that is just about the only option when you are in the double digits below zero for temperatures. Brrrrr.

On Friday I worked a shorter day, so I met my parents in town where they treated Jax to lunch. They also took him out sledding in the morning for the first time, and little man LOVED it. And threw a tantrum when they made him go inside. My child, people.
That evening, we watched cartoons, ate leftovers, and took super attractive selfies. Jackson is slowly catching on and upping his selfie game.

On Saturday, Mike and I did manage to sneak out for a date night, and we saw The Revenant. It was seriously a painful movie to watch, but also so, so good. Graphic, but not over the top. Beautifully done, but just emotionally draining. With that being said, I think it is about time someone finally gives Leo an Oscar. The guy deserves it! After the movie, we made our way over to Old Chicago for dinner. I ordered buffalo chicken roll-ups, and they are seriously sooo good. I could eat them every day!

On Sunday, I snuck away to the gym in the morning, ran a few errands, and was back home in time for lunch and to get my little buddy down for his nap.
The post run bumpbumpbump
 
During naptime, I was super productive and did a ton of laundry, and baked some Valentines inspired cookie bars. They are seriously the easiest thing to make ever, and so so good. Check out the recipe here!
I watched the Vikings game on and off, and was there to watch the most disappointing missed field goal ever. I am not really a football fanatic in general, but I do secretly root for the Vikes. Of course, I also have no hope or expectations of them (and have saved myself a lot of heartache that way) and not going to lie, I laughed a little when, the team known for breaking hearts, lost a playoff game in the final seconds by what should have been an easy peasy 27 yard field goal. People say they fell short, but I say the opposite; they lived up to their standards and let the entire state down in the most upsetting way possible ;-) Okay, enough of me being a brat (the only thing worse than a negative Vikings fan is a Packers fan). The rest of the day was super low key, we ate a grab as you come dinner of sloppy joes, and we were cuddled in bed watching the O.C. by 8pm.
Pre-bedtime snuggles and Wallykazam

Like I said, it was quite the weekend! I hate to wish time away, but every year January is the month in Minnesota that I swear we all just wake up every day so we can mark it off the calendar as being one day closer to the end of the month. The cold streak is supposed to end Wednesday, so only two more days of freezing! That's something to be excited about, right!?

Linking up with Meg and Biana today!

4 comments:

  1. Ahhh sounds frigid! We were in single digits yesterday and I thought that was bad enough! Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, double digits below freezing! I'm over here cold at it's only 46 degrees. I definitely do not envy you!
    Savannah
    www.happilyevernichols.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't imagine the temperatures y'all deal with! And the snow! We would stop everything here in Alabama simply because we aren't prepared for any of that! Your bars looks so good--I made something just like them this weekend but used red velvet mix!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great weekend!!! Wow, all the snow already. We've just had really cold days here in NC but no snow as of yet. How cute taking selfies with your boy, very precious :)

    Shea
    www.scox86.blogspot.com
    Monograms and Southern Charm

    ReplyDelete

 
End of code a066643bb8ed59c9c7b30b6330a639ea796168fa0a83aa603f