Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Memorial Weekend

Prepare yourself for a Memorial Day recap with just about zero red, white, and blue in it ;-) We had a low-key weekend around the house, but it was perfect and so nice to have some extra time together as a family.
On Friday, I worked from home as there was pretty much no one in the office (which kind of defeats the purpose of driving into the office). I don't know if I would like doing it every day, but man it was nice to drop the boys off at daycare without having to get ready and dressed! In fact, I even had time before starting work to squeeze in a run, and it was amazing! I have missed running so much, but now that the weather finally allows me to get outside, I am going to try doing it as much as possible!
Once I wrapped up working for the day, Mike and I ran with my mother in law to a local nursery. Our Christmas gift before we even had our new house was to pick out some new trees once we had our new yard. Mike has been talking about a willow tree overlooking the pond since we bought our land, so while we looked at all of the options, when it was time to make a decision I told him, the willow tree has been your dream, and we are doing the willow tree! And so now we have a teeny willow tree in our backyard and it makes my heart so darn happy! We also looked at some of the blooming trees, and I saw the vanilla strawberry hydrangea tree (yes, that is a real thing!) and had to have it! We put it in our front yard so you can see it out of all of our windows, and when it blooms in late July it turns white, pink, and red. Our yard feels so much more like a yard now!
Once we picked up the boys, my nephew came to spend the night. We had pizza, watched cartoons, and had a lazy night.
Lately, Jackson's first request on mornings at home is 'Mickey Pancakes'. Daddy usually is the master of breakfast in our house, but I love that this is his request that he makes with mommy :-)
The boys did a ton of yard work on Saturday, and while they worked, I ran to Target and Hobby Lobby with Lincoln. I needed to stock up on florals for my mantle to get going with a summer theme!
Of course, what is a Saturday morning errand run without coffee ;-)
 Precious Lincoln was just wiped out after our morning, and I about died laughing over how he fell asleep in his carseat. There is tired, and then there is this. Sweet boy was definitely ready for a nap!
 We stuck around the house the rest of the day. It was one of those long, lazy Saturdays and I honestly cannot even remember what we had for dinner! We capped off the night with Jackson watching Wallykazam from up on the stairs. This has become his new little hiding spot to watch us from up above, and it is so darn cute!
 The boys got the cutest new rash guards from Swim Zip this weekend! Lincoln is very fair, so we know we are going to really have to watch him in the sun, so I love how protected he is in this! I mean, look at him, I could just eat him up!
We spent all day Sunday over at my in-laws house doing a Memorial Day get together (a day early). Jackson literally ran and played outside all day long, with his minions in tow, of course ;-) We had burgers and brats for lunch, and my brother-in-law made a brisket for dinner. Watermelon, strawberry rhubarb crisp, and yard games rounded out our evening. It was the perfect day to kickstart summer! 
 We both had Monday off for Memorial Day, and it was the laziest day we have had in ages. We all stayed in our pajamas, both boys took two naps, and we started watching Bloodlines on Netflix.
During Lincoln's afternoon nap, I did venture off to the grocery store and brought Jackson with me. He looks so darn big in the cart! But I love little dates where I get one on one time with my boys, even if it is just running errands.

I hope everyone had a fantastic Memorial Weekend, and thank you to all of those who made the ultimate sacrifice for this great nation we are lucky enough to call home.

Linking up with Biana today!

5 comments:

  1. Brandon is totally the breakfast maker in this house, too. I'm awful at breakfast! Love that last picture of you and Jackson. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for your new trees! My dream tree is a magnolia tree. I haven't had one in any of my homes, so my house that I retire in will require a magnolia for sure! Hope you guys have a great week ahead of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What kind of coffee do you get?! It looks good. :) You will have to share some yard pictures - adding in any type of landscape just goes such a long way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Growing up my best friend had a willow tree in her back yard and it was always my favorite tree ever. You guys will LOVE it when it gets bigger! They are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited about your willow tree! Won't it be great that it'll grow along with the boys?!

    ReplyDelete

 
End of code a066643bb8ed59c9c7b30b6330a639ea796168fa0a83aa603f