Friday, May 12, 2017

Friday Favorites-Middle of May

Hi friends! I feel like it has been forever since I have done a Friday Favorites post. In reality, I think it was only last week when I posted for Lincoln's birthday? I honestly lose track of the time most days! But, with every break from regularly scheduled programming comes a load of things I am loving and have not shared! So, this week I am hopping right into my favorites for the week!

1. New Jeans
You guys, my dearly beloved pair of favorite jeans just wore through on the back pockets. As you all know, this basically means that one wrong move, and people will be seeing much more of me than they ever wanted. Too much information? Sorry :-) Anyway, with sales I was able to scoop up the exact same pair, as well as a new pair of jeggings from American Eagle, and they were only $25 a piece! Can I just say, what were we thinking wearing super low rise pants all of these years? High rise jeans are the best, most comfortable thing that has ever happened to me. I am really loving this pair too, but have held off so far. I love all of the distressing but figured I needed some staple pairs that can be dressed up if need be. And for those who are already in the throes of toasty temperatures, the cult favorite tomgirl shorts are back in stock!
2. Lincoln's Birthday Party
I had the best time throwing Lincoln's first birthday party, and I recapped it all earlier this week. I did a lot of DIY projects, and am so proud of how they turned out. And, I wish I could have golden crown cupcakes and teepee dirt cups every day. I just loved how it all came together!
 
 
3. Sunshine
I know the weather is such a lame thing to list as a favorite, but this week it really is. Pretty much every day has been sunny and around 70 degrees. This weekend, it gets even better when we are in the 75 range with tons of sunshine! I am totally planning on filling up our new water table and letting the boys play outside. Sunshine, happy babies, and some dinner on the grill sounds like absolute springtime perfection!
4. Giveaway
If you haven't already, go to my post and enter to win yourself a $50 gift card to Pink Blush! They have the most precious items, all so pretty and perfect for mothers whether you are expecting or not. It is open through midnight tonight!
5. Fresh Blooms
Another semi-weather related post, but I just don't care and I won't quit. Things are finally blooming around here, and I cannot get over finally seeing leaves on the trees and pretty white blooms everywhere. Our harsh Midwest winters really make you appreciate seasons like spring (and fall, too). We have the ultimate gray season with everything being covered in snow and dying, so to see everything come back to life is truly a little bit like magic. We are in one of those seasons of the year that is always so quick, and I wish I could freeze time and slow down this perfect weather a bit!
I hope you all have a fabulous weekend-for the first time in a long time, we have pretty much nothing on the calendar. I am hoping we make some major progress in our yard work, and just enjoy some quality family time.


9 comments:

  1. Lincoln's birthday party was so cute! How on EARTH are we already celebrating first birthdays in our parts?! And girl, I'm with you: I bought a pair of mid-rise jeans the other day and I'm seriously tossing all my low-rise ones. After having two babies and kneeling down all day, the last thing I need is anything hanging out! ;) Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's Day! I need new jeans too. One of my favorite pairs just wore through the back pocket & my other favorite pair is getting close.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday sweet boy!! Looks so darling :) Chelsea @ http://thewilliamsjourney1.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those blooms are so beautiful. Isn't it funny how we never want to wear the low cut jeans anymore. I love my mid-rise and will never turn back! Have a wonderful Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes to higher rise jeans! I always think the same thing, what was I thinking with the low rise?! Now I wonder if we'll be saying this about high rise in a few years lol. I need to win that giveaway :) I hope you have the best Mother's Day! <3 Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lincoln's party is adorable!! All the details were perfect. Great job, mama! I'm loving all the fresh blooms right now too. We also have harsh winters so when things start coming back I get really excited! It so refreshing after a long and cold winter. I hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day!!
    Erin
    http://theeverydayevents.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omg laughing at the low waisted jeans comment!! I used to swear I would never wear high waisted jeans and now I love if they come right below my belly button! I recently bought a pair of Hudson jeans and they are low waisted and I always feel so weird wearing them!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many people have been posting great options from AE lately- are they transitioning to keep up with their original clientele of the 90s? I hope your boys have spoiled you rotten today- Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete

 
End of code a066643bb8ed59c9c7b30b6330a639ea796168fa0a83aa603f