Sunday, May 15, 2016

Weekending

Hello everyone and happy Monday! While I am not by any means back into a regularly blogging schedule, it feels good to get a post pulled together! I will have Lincolns birth story to share soon, but in the meantime, a nice little weekend recap is where it's at!

Obviously being on maternity leave my 'weekends' are different as I have the week off, but it sure is nice to have Mike home with us! On Friday, I spent the day hanging out at my parents during the day. I woke up and headed out the door, and swung through Dunn Brothers for coffee. I got to my parents and everyone was still sleeping, so I enjoyed a house to myself for a solid hour and it. was. glorious. I have mentioned before, but as we live with Mikes parents until our house is done, that hour was the first time I have been the only person awake in a house since I got home from the hospital (and probably in many weeks before that!) Being surrounded by others is great, but sometimes that alone time is just precious! The baby slept, me and Jackson made pancakes for breakfast, and we enjoyed the quiet. The rest of the day it was super cold out, so we just lounged around. Friday night was more of the same; we managed to put two babies to bed and hit the hay ourselves! 

Saturday was an early morning after your typical night of sleep with an eight day old baby...we had breakfast, and while Mike did some work in the yard with his dad I basically spent the day nursing a hungry baby. We were off to my parents for my moms famous turkey burgers, and had such a nice night. The guys played cards after dinner, and to coax the babies to sleep we went for a long drive and both were OUT when we got home! 

On Sunday, the weather was finally warmer, so we did lots of playing outside! We went for a wagon ride, ran around the yard, and got in lots of baby snuggles. We also snuck over to the new house after days of rain and we're finally able to walk inside! I cannot wait to move in, it is going to feel so surreal to see it all come to life.

We fried fish for dinner, and am glad it is time for my father in law to start his fishing season because his fried fish is the best! We finished the night off with watching Game Of Thrones and are ready to start off week two as parents to two under two!

Linking up with Biana today!

4 comments:

  1. Well I wont say welcome back, but I will say way to go girl! I'm sure it was nice to have a little quiet time watching Game of Thrones last night! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Yay Yay! Lincoln is adorable -- congrats!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you guys are settling into being a family of four! Lincoln is so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a perfect weekend. Some alone time while everyone was asleep, good food and seeing your house!

    ReplyDelete

 
End of code a066643bb8ed59c9c7b30b6330a639ea796168fa0a83aa603f