Thursday, May 5, 2016

Bumpdate: 38 Weeks


We are really in the home stretch! Two weeks or less (hopefully not more!) until we meet our newest little man. This week has definitely had me thinking labor is going to come on sooner rather than later. Just yesterday, two coworkers separately told me that I really looked like I had dropped, and I have been feeling wonderful crampiness and back pain. Oh, the joys ;-) This is all new territory to me, as going into labor the normal way is much different than having your water break before all of the other signs and symptoms kick in. Fingers crossed we stay comfortable, and baby stays as healthy as possible. Aside from that, he will come when he is ready :-)
How far along? 37 weeks, 6 days.
Gender: Boy, can't wait to finally meet the little guy!
Total weight gain: 33 pounds.
Maternity clothes? Yep, literally all about comfort at this point.
Stretch marks? I believe it is still just the one questionable little bugger. I have limited visual access to half of my body as of late though, so who knows for sure ;-)
Belly button in or out: Slightly out on top, in/flat on the bottom
Sleep: I have been waking up more frequently, around 2-3am, and have a hard time falling back asleep. Oh well, that will sound like a DREAM  a few weeks from now ;-)
Exercise: Done running. WAH. Going on lots of walks though, especially with the gorgeous weather this past week! I load up the little guy in the jogging stroller, and with the hills I am pretty sure I am still getting in a good workout, that thing is heavy!
Best moment this week: Enjoying the beautiful spring weather! Temps in the 60's and 70's is just dreamy after a Minnesota winter. No one appreciates the season of spring more than a midwesterner, I am positive.
Miss Anything? Being comfortable in general. Going on a walk without needing to pee after five minutes. And is it bad to request a cold fruity wine cooler while still in the hospital? I am so ready for a summer cocktail!
Movement: Still lots of movement going on, this little one is busy! Contrary to when I was pregnant with Jackson, I notice this guy being active even when I am up and moving around. Jackson was lulled to sleep when I was active so I most often felt him move at night. This little guy still moves plenty at night, but he is really just active all the time it seems!
Food cravings: Fruity, fruity, fruity. Anything fruity. Sweet and tart is way higher on my list lately than chocolate, which is crazy for me. Still fizzy drinks. It makes sense why I want a Mike's Hard Lemonade so badly I guess! And not sure if it is because I can't stomach huge meals or because Jackson has once again been difficult with sleep this week, but middle of the night snacking has been in full force this week; I wake up STARVING!! Good thing I have been keeping a stash of lemon Oreos on hand.
Symptoms: Lower back pain and braxton hicks.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope!
Labor Signs: The good old 'bloody show' that I remember scratching my head at when referenced on the movie 'Knocked Up' totally happened to, which is part of what is making me thinking baby might be here sooner than later. With that, more cramping and contractions happening, but nothing I have been able to time yet.
Wedding rings on or off? On, we will see if they stay on through the end, my swelling is super minimal, but I definitely notice it some days.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy; after a long winter we are just finally making PROGRESS in so many areas and I have all the heart eyes when I think about all of the wonderful changes that are right around the corner for our family! 
Looking Forward To: Meeting this little guy! I have finally reached the point where if he is born, I am ready (at least as ready as I am going to be!), but still not in a huge rush. And as long as baby is still baking away, I am excited to celebrate my future sister in law at her bridal shower on Saturday, and most likely demand food in honor of Mother's Day on Sunday! :-) 

Linking up with Annie and Natalie for Thoughts on Thursday today!

3 comments:

  1. You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're glowing! Yes once you've hit that part in the pregnancy it's like you can't remember how you feel not pregnant haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any day now!! You look wonderful! And soon enough you can have Mike's hard lemonade :-)

    ReplyDelete

 
End of code a066643bb8ed59c9c7b30b6330a639ea796168fa0a83aa603f