Monday, December 15, 2014

Weekend Happenings

First off, let me start out by saying that this was the most depressing weekend I can ever remember happening. Not due to being sad, or having bad things happen. My mood was just fine. But holy weather. Never in my life have I seen 48 hours of straight fog with no breaks. I kept waiting for the skies to clear Sunday, and it never happened. Needless to say, this was a weekend of laziness in epic proportions.

Friday I was able to get out of work a little bit early, so of I course took advantage of my little bit of extra free time and snuck in a session at the gym. It is not easy to get there when you work 40 hours a week. Not because I don't have the time, but because when the options are to sweat it out on the treadmill or snuggle a baby boy, I think we know which option wins. Anyway, after that my sister and I drove up to Little Falls to do a dress fitting. We have been lucky enough to fall into doing the fashion shows for Central Minnesota Brides and the Wedding Expo, and get to participate again in January. It is fun to still get to slip into wedding dresses and play dress up even though my big day has come and gone. Through multiple fashion shows, though, I would still pick my dress, hands down! I suppose that means I made the right choice in my selection?

Saturday we slept in (until 6am: mommy life) and then I snuck off to the gym again. I am always so happy when I do, hopefully with a month off of classes I can start getting there more often. After that, me and my little guy went into town to beat the crowds and do a bit of Christmas shopping. It is funny when you get to the mall at 9am and are able to watch the crazy slowly build. By 11am I am more than ready to get out of there and on my way home. The remainder of our day was spent with me making Christmas cookies, and finalizing/editing a 35 page group paper for Organizational Behavior. FUN.


Helping mama do homework by holding her lap hostage.


Someone got to taste an apple. I think he was impressed.

Casual mama/baby selfie.


My baby, busy being a big boy :-(

Sunday I woke up to realize my baby was still sleeping. He had gone down around 7:30 the night before, so this was surprising. However, my body was insistent that a baby needed food, so I got to wake up at 4:45 to hang out with my pump (again: mommy probz). I realized the beauty of being awake and alone for the first time in a long time, so I turned on some Christmas music and did some more paper editing. Just a casual 5am Sunday morning. Once the rest of my house woke up (note: baby slept 10 hours straight), mommy baked more cookies, did more homework, and daddy watched the Vikings lose (does anyone actually still have hope that the Vikings will one day not disappoint?) All of this was broken up with passing off a CRABBY baby between the two of us. He is either teething or having some growing pains. I measured him yesterday and he has grown over an INCH in a WEEK. I suppose I would be grumpy too. The rough day was made a bit easier by baby once again sleeping through the night. That is our first two night in a row stretch ever. And now for merely typing that last sentence he will most likely wake up every hour tonight. Meh, I'm used to it. At least the guy is cute.


Did anyone have any exciting weekend or get a lot of things accomplished?! I can't believe it is the last full work week of the year!

Linking up with Monday Morning Gossip 



3 comments:

  1. Gym sessions make life so much better, right? Even if you have to sneak a quick one in!

    Your lil man is so cute, those cheeks, I can't even!

    Stopping by from the linkup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found my vest on Amazon!

      Btw, you're a no reply commenter, so I couldn't email you back. If you don't already know here are instructions I found helpful.

      How to enable your e-mail: BLOGGER ACCOUNTS: To do this, click on your Dashboard, click on EDIT PROFILE and place a checkmark next to SHOW MY EMAIL ADDRESS, and finally scroll to the bottom and click SAVE PROFILE.

      Delete
  2. The fog was so depressing this weekend. And so is the fact that our white Christmas is melting away. :( Still sounds like a nice weekend...& how fun to do those bridal fairs! It must be fun to feel like a princess multiple times a year. :) Good luck with your nights...fingers crossed you're entering the next phase & will have more of those types of nights!

    ReplyDelete

 
End of code a066643bb8ed59c9c7b30b6330a639ea796168fa0a83aa603f