Monday, December 1, 2014

Holiday Favorites!

Happy Monday! Not that Mondays are ever particularly happy, but they are more tolerable when they follow a weekend full of happiness. AND when that Monday happens to be December 1st! Welcome to the happiest month of the year. I'm talking music, smells, decorations, and warm fuzzies. Really, this entire next month basically consists of warm food, warm clothing, and warm fuzzies. Love me some Christmas, and all the things that go along with the holiday.

1. Christmas Jammies.
This is our first Christmas with a little mister, and I just couldn't resist getting Jackson, Mike, and myself some festive sleepwear. I looked online to find Jackson's, because as much as I love Carters and Target for baby clothes, I have an obsession with finding unique things, and Christmas jammies require special attention.



Rudolph. On the tootsies. I die.
These are sold out online, but Kohls, Amazon, and Bed Bath and Beyond carry the brand. I went ahead and ordered a solid two months in advance, and am glad I did. Little man rocked these on Thanksgiving night, obviously.

2. Christmas Candles.

I know I have posted about Bath and Body Works 3-wick candles before, but they seriously capture Christmas in every form and make it into a delicious candle. Currently our house smells like a spiced toddy. Not too shabby.

3. Lays Chocolate Covered Potato Chips.



O.M.G.
For years, a favorite treat for my mom and I was to go into a little chocolate shop up in Duluth and order up a pound or so of chocolate covered potato chips. They are the most perfect combination of sweet and salty, and really are too delicious for their own good.
Fast forward to last week, when a coworker set a bag of these out by the refrigerator. I may or may not have immediately sent an e-mail out to our department demanding who the culprit was, so I could ask them where they got them. I may have scooted over to Target and bought more than one bag. These really are too good to pass up, I highly recommend them.

4. Perry Como and Andy Williams Christmas Music

I am sure we all have our 'Christmas Favorite' CD that brings us back to childhood. My dad played these CDs many, many, MANY times while I was growing up, and nothing brings me back more than listening to some Perry Como. It is classic, old fashioned, warm fuzzy inducing music.

5. Fisher Price Laugh and Learn Love to Play Puppy



Not for me (I swear). Jackson and I were in Target, just doing our thang, and now that he is old enough I love to venture down the toy aisle and see how he reacts. He was moderately enthused by the glow worm, but when I picked up this puppy and it started to sing to him, he just lit up. He was so excited, I just love the way he is learning to react and like/dislike things. The beauty of a 4 month old is that they are oblivous to anything that isn't directly in front of them, so the puppy went behind him in the cart for him to not see again until he (again, in oblivion) opens up his presents from SANTA on Christmas morning. I am so excited, even though he has no idea what is going on.

6. Chestnut Praline Latte


 
 
I am all about my peppermint mochas during the holidays, but the Chestnut Praline Latte is good. And right now starbucks has punch cards, purchase 5 holiday drinks (ummm I am probably embarassed as to how quickly I will fulfill this task) and receive a free grande drink. done.
 
I hope you all had a fantastic Thanksgiving, and are enjoying the month of no diets and twinkly lights!

2 comments:

  1. This is my favorite time of year, too! I'm a sucker for pretty much any Starbucks holiday drink so I'm all about that punch card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought so many candles during their sale this year!! I can't wait to get all of them and have my place smelling like christmas!

    ReplyDelete

 
End of code a066643bb8ed59c9c7b30b6330a639ea796168fa0a83aa603f