Friday, December 5, 2014

Friday Favorites-Beauty Products

Okay, I am no pro when it comes to beauty products. I am up, made up, and out the door in 30 minutes each morning, and that includes loading a baby into the car with me. But, that is not to say that I don't have my go-to products that keep me from looking like a walking zombie. One of these days, I think I will be pressuring my sister into joining me for a blog post, I am pretty sure her beauty collection could fund an all expense paid trip to Jamaica. The girl knows her products, and also knows where to find a steal of a deal and where it is worth the splurge. AND girly just got a job at a fantastic salon, which means this sista gets some pretty nice Aveda discounts. I will be keeping you posted on that.

SO, now that I have talked up my sister who will probably scoff at my beauty regimen, here are some of my favorite products.

1. Biore Ice Cleanser
This stuff is magic. I always had the greatest skin, and one day when I was 22 my skin decided to take a turn for the worst. No real acne or anything, just way more breakouts than I had ever experienced. I have tried MANY products, cheap, expensive, and in between, and this really is the best. It keeps breakouts away, but doesn't dry out my skin like so many of the other 'strong' facewashes do. I ran out of it last week and went about 3 days using backup products, and seriously in those 3 days my skin went downhill. This stuff is great, and cheap!

2. Bath and Body Works Sugar Aromatheraphy Sugar Scrub
Essential oils and sugar. YUM. This is my favorite treat to use when I take a shower (when a hungyr baby isn't screaming for me and I actually have time to take a full length shower).

3. Say Yes to Grapefruit CC Cream



This is one of my 'big splurges' (again, cheap) ringing in around $13. This stuff is great because while it goes on thick and moisturizes well (Minnesota winter killing anyone else's skin?), it does not clog my pores or make my skin feel oily at all. As someone who has gone many years without even wearing moisturizer due to fear of it causing breakouts, thsi stuff has been my best find. Love it, and it smells great. Win.

4. Naked Eye Palette



When it comes to makeup, I am CHEAP. But I got this for Christmas last year and literally use it every. single. day. I use ELF eye primer, and you get away with using way less of the shadow. I know Maybelline has a new palette that is similar, and I am dying to try it out.

5. L'Oreal Paris Valuminous Mascara




This find is thanks to my sister. I have used many mascaras, and this one goes on the thickest and best. And, again, cheap. Love cheap.
My beauty regimen really is pretty low maintenance and nothing special, but even so it is nice to find those few products that, after many many other product fails, really are worth the money and keep you coming back for more.
What are all of your favorite products that you have stumbled upon over the years!?
Linking up with Amanda and High Five for Fridays today!


4 comments:

  1. that lavender vanilla scrub looks amazing - i'm going to try and find some :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is the best stuff, I used it every day of my pregnancy, I insisted it was why I didn't get stretch marks and that's how I justified it ;-)

      Delete
  2. I love the Naked palates! Worth every penny!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought my first BB cream just yesterday and I cannot wait to try it first thing tomorrow morning.

    Thanks for sharing this at Wake Up Wednesday Linky Party.

    Hugs from co-host,
    Tanya
    http://tanyaanurag.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

 
End of code a066643bb8ed59c9c7b30b6330a639ea796168fa0a83aa603f