Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Cranberry Sour Cream Muffins

This weekend, I was at the grocery store and saw bags of cranberries in the produce section. Of course, with Thanksgiving days away, this makes sense. But in that moment I realized, not once in my life have I ever cooked using fresh cranberries! I have used sweetened, dried cranberries numerous times, but something about that little bag of cranberries drew me in. I immediately decided I was making muffins, and am so glad I did. I found this simple recipe for cranberry sour cream muffins online, and they were so easy to whip up. My boys, Lincoln in particular, ate more than one of them, he couldn't get enough! While sweet, they definitely had a bit of tartness, and offered a taste that paired perfectly with coffee at breakfast.
 
Cranberry Sour Cream Muffins

 

Ingredients
  • 2 cups all purpose flour
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 large egg, lightly beaten
  • 3/4 cup sour cream
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 1.5 cups raw cranberries, chopped
  • 1/2 cup sugar
 
Instructions

  1.  Combine dry ingredients (only the 1/4 cup of sugar, leave remaining 1/2 cup) in a large bowl.
  2. In a separate bowl, combine egg, sour cream, milk, and vegetable oil.
  3. Add wet ingredients to dry, just until all mix is moistened.
  4. Combine cranberries with remaining 1/2 cup sugar, and mix into batter.
  5. Spoon batter into twelve greased standard size muffin pan cups.
  6. Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes.
Original recipe can be found HERE.



6 comments:

  1. These looks delicious and so festive for the holidays! I love how moist sour cream muffins are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look sooooo good. I can't wait to try them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh girl, these sound delicious! I love cranberries!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want really to tell you thanks for this most helpful information.

    Accountant Coffee Mug

    ReplyDelete

 
End of code a066643bb8ed59c9c7b30b6330a639ea796168fa0a83aa603f