Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Cookies and Cocoa Shower

This past weekend, my mom threw the most darling bridal shower for my cousin's fiancé. We wanted to keep it simple, so in lieu of a full menu of food, we served hot chocolate, coffee, and lots of desserts! I really have to give all of the credit to my mom for this one, she is such an amazing decorator and has great style. I have always been amazed at her ability to make everything she touches look absolutely perfect.
I hand drew this sign, which is a recycled item from Lincoln's first birthday party. It is just a birch slab that I purchased at Hobby Lobby, and then painted with black chalk paint. One of the best DIY projects ever; we have gotten so much use out of it already!
My mom had a lot of toppings for building your own hot chocolate. White chocolate chips, mini chocolate chips, chocolate, caramel, whipped cream, candy canes, and marshmallows! Everyone had so much fun loading up on toppings.




The two tier stand is from Sam's Club, and was filled with utentils, plates, and lots of coffee mugs.
For the hot chocolate, it was just a large tub of regular hot chocolate mix, added to boiling water in a pot on the stove. Once it was heated, it was added to a hot beverage dispenser.
The rest of the shower was simple and sweet; white cupcakes with shimmer sprinkles, homemade cookies brought by the aunts, cake pops, and for a little bit to hold people over some meatballs and a cheese and cracker tray. It was simple, but turned out so great and everyone really seemed to enjoy it. And BONUS-cleanup was so simple and easy, we basically just loaded twenty coffee mugs and a few trays into the dishwasher and called it good!
I couldn't resist adding in my letterboard, too. This is one of my absolute favorite bible verses, and was a perfect touch to add to the room.



3 comments:

  1. This came out so cute! I love the theme. Sometimes keeping it simple adds so much more to it. I'll take all the desserts and hot chocolate, please! Sierra~Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness how cute! We did a hot cocoa bar for my brother and SIL's baby shower and it was a hit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a cute theme for a baby shower or bridal shower. I love it.

    ReplyDelete

 
End of code a066643bb8ed59c9c7b30b6330a639ea796168fa0a83aa603f