Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Still Alive Over Here-Barely!

We are still technically on weekend mode over here, but not in any way I would like. Sickness has consumed our house this weekend, I am hoping we are finally getting to the other side of it all! I am writing this post at 5am, because babies don't care and wake mama up at 4:30am no matter what. Readers be warned, the word 'puke' may or may not be used numerous times in this post. Feel free to skip reading if the 'p' word makes you squirmish ;-)
Friday afternoon, I got a text from daycare that Jackson had thrown up. Of course, this was the day I had decided to get my long overdue oil change on my lunch break, and my car had literally just had its tires removed. So I was stuck. Luckily the guys in the shop were super nice and rushed my car through to the front so I could get out of there. Jackson got sick once more before I got to him, so we went home, and he got to try out or jet tub for the first time. He loved his 'BIG bubble baff', and spent the rest of the afternoon chugging water and eating everything in sight. So, I figured it was a super quick bug. And then he woke up crying around midnight and there was puke everywhere. So, another bath, washing sheets, and bringing him into mom and dad's bed was on the agenda. I slept out on the couch, because did you know a two year old boy takes up the same amount of space as two grown adults in a queen size bed? Well, now you do.
Fortunately, he didn't have any more sick bouts, but was a bit sluggish and moody Saturday. We stuck close to home, but figured he was on the mend.
The highlight of the day was ordering up some pizza, because even though we are trying to cut back on our pizza consumption, dealing with toddler puke warrants an exception, right?
On Sunday, I had a fun event I was participating in. Our local bridal expo was happening, and I have been lucky enough to be able to walk in their fashion show the past few years. It is always so much fun, I absolutely love it.
I get to have my hair and makeup done, and wear gorgeous bridal gowns. It is fun that, even though I am already married, I still have an excuse to wear a wedding dress! And you guys, some of the dresses I got to wear were GORGEOUS. The one pictured below was a feature dress, in fact the top layer is a 'cape' that is removable. So much fun!
And then it happened. I was in a dress and ready for the second show to start when I got a text from Mike that he wasn't feeling well. At that point, I really could not leave. How is that for twice in one weekend being truly stuck when I was needed at home? The shows are pretty quick, so I promised to get back home as soon as I possibly could.
I rushed out after the show, and literally as soon as I walked into our house, Mike ran to the bathroom. So that was fun. I got both kids down for their naps, and then my dyingsick husband requested I go get him some 7Up. Being the nice wife that I am, I obliged. And in the fifteen minutes it took me to leave and get home, I started to feel off. I figured it was probably just in my head. Except it was not. I brought my husband his soda and informed him I would likely be joining him in the next hour or two. And sure enough, shortly after both boys woke up from their naps, the stomach bug hit me. And I promptly called my mother in law to ask for reinforcements. Perks to having both sets of parents live within five minutes, you guys! I started dinner for my kids, because fun fact, they could care less that you are sick, but they most certainly care if dinner isn't on the table! ;-) Once grandma arrived, she took over, and I proceeded to be sick over, and over, and over. I will spare too many details, but I will tell you that Mike and I both agreed that neither of us have ever been so violently sick before. It was terrible.
While the act of being sick finally ended around midnight, we both woke up totally wiped and so weak. After watching Mike fail to keep down water, despite everything in me wanting to drink, I had gone to bed totally dehydrated because I figured that was the better option. I called my mom, and she agreed to take the boys for the day, bless her heart. Have I mentioned how incredibly lucky we are to have such caring and supportive parents? I promptly dropped them off, came home, and soaked in our tub before immediately crawling into bed for a five hour nap. It was that kind of sick, y'all. Tired, exhausted, non-functioning sick. I forced myself up around 3pm, and went to pick up my boys.
I requested that my mom help me give the boys a bath there, because I honestly didn't think I could muster the energy at home, and we had already skipped their baths the night before. She then offered to make a Burger King run. Why are greasy french fries always the best option after you have been sick? While she was gone, Jackson was starting to act sluggish. Strange, but I figured he must have just been tuckered out from playing all day. He had already been sick, right? And then, poor boy walked across the room, looked at me with wide eyes, and BOOM, puke everywhere. Obviously sweet boy didn't get to eat any of his chicken fries :-( We booked it home, and he continued to be sick until about midnight. This seemed much more like what Mike and I had in comparison to what Jackson had on Friday. So I am still sitting here scratching my head wondering if he managed to get two different stomach bugs in one weekend. All I can say is, poor baby!
Needless to say, we are spending another day at home today, and I have every one of my fingers and toes crossed that we are on the mend, and that my precious baby Lincoln manages to stay healthy. This weekend was tough, but these days are always good reminders to be thankful and appreciative of our good health!

10 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! You poor thing! I hope you guys get and stay allll better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We are working on it..slowly but surely. I may make it into the office in time for the weekend this week ;-)

      Delete
  2. Oh man! We had a sick weekend over here too! Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it the worst!? I never knew how much sickness really went around when you had kiddos-JEEZ!

      Delete
  3. OH girl, that is TERRIBLE! I hope you are all better now! The stomach bug is the absolute worst!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lindsay! Mike and I are pretty much better, but poor Jackson is still fighting it off. Meanwhile Lincoln is just hanging out wondering why everyone is acting so lame lately :-)

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness. That is a lot of sickness going around your house. I hope you are feeling better and everyone is on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, friend. We are slowly getting there. We are having a HEAT WAVE(aka 40 degrees) here so fingers crossed we are all good enough to get outdoors this weekend!

      Delete
  5. Oh man that sounds rough! We had a sick kiddo last week. Luckily it was just a bad cold, but he acted like he was dying for two days and spent a couple nights waking up every hour on the hour. It's just the worst when kids get sick.
    The Messy Bun Mama

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know isn't it just terrible! Those colds can knock them out just as bad as a stomach bug sometimes, and those sleepless nights are the hardest. I hope everyone in your house is back to healthy!

      Delete

 
End of code a066643bb8ed59c9c7b30b6330a639ea796168fa0a83aa603f