Thursday, January 5, 2017

Confession

It has been a while since I posted a good old 'fess sesh. Which is such a bummer, because some of my absolute favorite posts to write are mind dumps. So much is constantly going on, I love nothing better than getting a little bit off of my chest!

I confess..

I hate brushing my toddler's teeth. Like, HATE it. At least half of the time, he outright refuses to participate. If he is in the mood, he repeatedly asks for more toothpaste because he wants to eat it, and maybe, just maybe, with a little bit of force and crying, a few of those pearly whites get brushed. I hate it!

On a similar note, I also really do not like bath time! We have never given our kids daily baths, in part because living in Minnesota, their dry baby skin really does not need it. When we have those 'off' nights, the nights that the inevitable baths must happen feel cut short, and it just feels like work. This could be due to the fact that Lincoln screamed bloody murder for every single bath he had for the first six months of his life. During that time, not only did I dread bath time, but I truly feared it He loves it now (go figure), but I just do not have any fuzzy feelings around that little hygiene ritual.

January is far and away my least favorite month out of the year. February is also brutally cold, but at least it only has 28 days and March is right around the corner. March usually has tons of snow, but there are a few warm days mixed in there as a preview to spring. But January? Cold. Snow. So little sunlight. And no end in sight. I have been burning candles non stop and am decorating my mantle for Valentine's Day this week #sorrynotsorry just to help pull me through. Minnesota winters. They are not for the faint of heart.

I majorly fell off the wagon with my eating over the past six months or so. I dropped the baby weight, and with nursing just didn't feel the need to be very conscious of my eating. But even though I dropped the weight, I have just feel 'blegh'. I am hopeful to get back into working out when life allows me to, but in the meantime like every other person on the planet I used January 1st as an opportunity to eat better. I have chosen to not get Chick Fil A for lunch, have not ordered a coffee that wasn't black, and have eaten a good amount of veggies. And while three days is not much, I seriously feel SO much better already. I may be crazy, but I feel like in a matter of a few days my body has already gotten rid of so many toxins and junk.

The hardest part of eating healthy is pizza. Pizza is everything, and I will probably never fully quit it.

I want to start a boutique. I would love to have a small shop, sell fun fashion finds, and manage the inventory. But alas, I have a full time job that supports my family well, a new house to think about, and somehow I don't think it would be the best call to throw in the towel and invest in a new project. If I ever find a money tree though, I will totally quit my day job and pursue being a shop owner.

While I am watching my food and what I drink in things like coffee, when I do decide to treat myself, the salted caramel boudino from Caribou Coffee is the best. drink. ever. It is so ridiculously delicious, I could drink them every single day.

Christmas may be 11 months away, but my boys already have three pairs of jammies for next year. I am sure I will grab a new pair when next season rolls around, but I got them some from The Gap, originally nearly $50, and with discounts and my rewards they were only $10 a piece!

Linking up with Annie today!

7 comments:

  1. I have been dreaming about opening a boutique too, I just think it would be a lot of fun!! I have literally already bought a couple of presents for family members for next Christmas lol. You just can't beat those after-Christmas-sales!!!! Now let's just hope I don't forget about them ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to start a boutique as well! Just not enough time... I feel ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok so do your kids get the fluoride drops? One of my twin moms is a pediatric dentist. She told me to put a few drops of the fluoride on them and then brush them. Then we give them their droppler of them after we brush. This is the only way my kids brush. And she said to use toothpaste when they can spit it out. Anyways, I LOVE pizza. It is my favorite and I can't give it up. But I have been eating way more salads to negate my pizza intake. Ha. I would love to open a boutique. I would want all the clothes though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm certain we could sit down and confess for hours. I am terrible and I mean terrible about getting my kids' teeth brushed. Their baby teeth, right? Ha. Bath time isn't a nightmare but I treasure the off night. It's just so much easier. No fighting and no fussing. And I'm with you on pizza. I could eat every single day I think. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That coffee sounds so good! I've been trying to eat healthy but those yummy drinks are still a temptation for me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also don't enjoy brushing my toddler's teeth. He of course doesn't want help, preferring to drink the water and eat toothpaste. Last week I started asking him if I could help him 'get the sugar bugs off' his teeth. It's made it much easier now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ummmm, why are we the same person?! I LOATHE bath time and brushing Walker's teeth. Seriously, when Brandon isn't traveling, I make him do bath time every night. I know that's awful to say, but it's just not my favorite. And yes, January is my least favorite month, too, and I live in mild-weather Texas. It's just so...blah. (And that's also sad to say because I have a baby born in January!)

    ReplyDelete

 
End of code a066643bb8ed59c9c7b30b6330a639ea796168fa0a83aa603f