Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Thoughts Lately

Oh my goodness, I keep waiting for the day where I feel as though I can keep up with life. In the past week we battled a week long bout of what I think was Influenza for Jackson, sleep trained Lincoln, and now both myself and the baby are battling what seems to be a milder version of what Jackson had. Throw in the holidays and work on top of that, and it all gets really crazy really fast!


I love this little space of mine. It has become a baby book, a journal, a place for me to keep track of crafts, recipe, and fashion finds. I have met some of the most incredible women, and have been truly amazed by the support and friendship that I have received through people who live far away. I get to look back on photos on my sweet babies, and read my thoughts and perceptions as they were in that moment. It is so easy to forget, and life changes so fast when you have children, and I am so thankful that I am able to reflect and remember the littlest of things thanks to Stang&Co.


With all of that being said, I think one of my New Years resolutions (besides dropping 5-10 pounds, working out every single day, and eating the best diet ever of course!) is to be more intentional with this space. I often have so many things I want to write about, that I often do not know where to begin. While it is fun for me to pull from different genres of the blog world, I also know it can create inconsistency. So this is where my question for anyone who follows me on this little space comes in. What do YOU most want to see when you come to this blog? Are you a family member who likes keeping up with my kiddos? Do you like seeing my fashion finds? Are you most likely to click on over when it involves home building, décor, and projects? Life has been crazy lately, and as a result I feel that this blog has been a bit all over the place as well! One of my greatest joys in this space is knowing I am sharing stories that others enjoy, or pieces of advice or fun finds that others are able to use in their own lives! Let me know your thoughts, and thank you so much to all who follow along. It means so much to know that I touched someone, made someone laugh, or simply have made someone who doesn't live close by feel a bit more connected to my family! Here is to making 2017 the best blogging year yet!

6 comments:

  1. Oh Mackensey, I'm so sorry you guys have all been sick this week. What a terrible time of year to have the crud.

    I love your randomness, I think because your blog kind of reminds me a bit of mine in that you post about whatever you're feeling at the time - family, fashion, home decor, etc. I say keep doing what you're doing, but if you decide to find your niche, I'll still be following no matter what!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, unfortunately in the Midwest the holidays are also peak season for colds and influenza :-( I am hoping we kick it and deal with our share of it and can enjoy the holidays!
      Thank you so much for saying that, you are so sweet and I love the connections I have made through blogging to other ladies like yourself!

      Delete
  2. I like the variety - I obviously enjoy looking at those precious boys of yours but I also appreciate the outfit posts and home décor ideas. Keep it coming and know I appreciate it all! Thanks and all the best to you & your family for 2017!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Tina! I love knowing others think my little men are precious just like I do :-) Have a great holiday and new year!

      Delete
  3. I so hope you all feel better soon! I like it all. Seriously. I like to see mama stories and fashion. Plus, whatever you're up to project wise. It's inspiring. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh being sick is so rough. Especially around the holidays and when we have so much going on. I am so sorry that you are dealing with it all. Hoping for an easier rest of the week and that everyone is on the mend.

    ReplyDelete

 
End of code a066643bb8ed59c9c7b30b6330a639ea796168fa0a83aa603f