Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Life's a little sweeter with POPSUGAR!

It's not every day that the UPS man is dropping something off at our house. Okay actually, maybe it is (shh, don't tell!) However, it really isn't every day that my favorite delivery men are dropping off a package that I have no idea as to what is inside. And not in a bad way. In a world of instant gratification and always being one step ahead of everything (hello online package tracking!), the POPSUGAR Must Have Box is such a fun change of pace!


I received my box last week, and seriously could not wait to open it! Of course I was attracted to it right away because, well, it was pink. All things that are pink are usually good, in my experience :-) Of course life only got better once I opened it up!


The first thing I noticed was the black wool hat. I will be honest, I am not particularly daring when it comes to fashion, and when shopping if it comes down to it I am just not inclined to spend my dollars on a hat. That does not mean I don't always secretly wish I could try out wearing one, though! The hat in my must have box is totally darling, and my toddler also took approximately two seconds to claim it as his own. I think it looks better on him than it does on me, because how could it not ;-)

I was also SO EXCITED to see the retractable lint roller! I cannot tell you how many sheets have been thrown away on old lint rollers because the outer layer always has to be peeled off after it has been sitting in the drawer before you can get to a new useful sheet. Not with this guy! It comes in a sleek silver tube, is easy to throw in your purse or a drawer, and you aren't wasting sticky sheets due to them collecting dust. Genius.


I think the mani E.R. kit is self explanatory. And excellent. And obviously made its way into my purse immediately!


I will be honest, I was not the biggest fan of the hair mask. It probably boils down to personal preference, but I love for my hair to feel sleek and clean. That is probably also why I wash my hair WAY more than I know I should. I hoped this mask would leave my hair feeling buttery and soft, but in all honesty it felt kind of, well, dirty afterwards. Which did help give my hair some awesome volume! But I don't know if I would purchase it again.


While it was probably the most minimal thing in the box, I was the most excited about the Gluten Free Bites! I don't have issues with gluten (give me alllll of the carby baked things), but that doesn't mean that the words chocolate and coconut didn't speak to my soul when I saw these. You guys, restricted diet or not, these little bites are delicious! They are a perfect treat when you are craving something sweet, and are really dense so they actually feel like you are getting something with substance. They are seriously delish.


And of course, perhaps my favorite item from the box is the Smith&Cult lip gloss. I feel like so many tinted glosses don't give a good amount of color, but one layer of this stuff is seriously all you need, and it stays on super well. It is a bright red color, but little gold flecks make it fun, especially for a night out. Or on a Target run, in my case. This is another piece I know I will definitely be using every last bit of!


What is truly the best part of the #musthave box is that it's a total surprise! And as you can see, it is some seriously awesome stuff that I otherwise probably wouldn't buy for myself. It is kind of like giving yourself a Christmas present that you are just dying to open and see what is inside. Products inside collectively retail for well over $100, but subscribe and each box only costs you $19. AND, use code SHOP5 and you will receive $5 off of your first box!


Do any of you subscribe to POPSUGAR? I would love to know what others think!


*POPSUGAR sent me this Must Have Box to try and review. All thoughts and opinions expressed are solely my own.


Linking up with Our Pretty Little Girls.

3 comments:

  1. What a fun surprise! That lint roller is seriously genius! I have one at my desk that always needs to top sheet removed before I can use it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is amazing. Whoever thought of it deserves a gold star haha. I seriously love it!

      Delete
  2. I love a lot of the things they sent you. That lint roller would be a life saver for me. And you look great with the bright red lipstick. Not sure if I could pull that off, but I do love it.

    ReplyDelete

 
End of code a066643bb8ed59c9c7b30b6330a639ea796168fa0a83aa603f