Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Momfessionals

 Ok, let's get real. All moms do and say things they probably don't care to admit. There are those moments where anything to quiet your child is fair game and an option. I am hopping on board with momfessionals to share some of my proudest parenting moments.

Cosleeping
I do my best to keep our little guy in his crib. We transitioned from bassinet to crib when he was one month old, and really didn't much cosleeping, if any. However, lately that game has changed and if little man wakes up and takes more than 2 minutes to coax back to sleep, 9 times out of 10 he has been ending up in our bed. After over 9 months of sleepless nights and waking up before 5am for work, I have caved to the battle. Now, half of my days I wake up to this two inches from my face.
adorable and terrifying to open your eyes to, all at once.


Cleaning the pump 
I remember so clearly how obsessively we cleaned my pump parts until every last droplet of water had dissolved, sterilized between every washing, and didn't let anything touch those precious parts. Now, the equipment gets a quick rinse in the hospital bathroom when I pump at work, and I call it good. I just legitimately sterilized the parts last weekend since I honestly don't know when. Baby is happy and healthy, so unless I see mold growing a little old dry milk never hurt anyone (ok probably not true but I'm rolling with it)...

Singing and talking like a fool
Anyone who knows me knows I am a serious person. I don't break into song and dance, I don't act goofy, and sometimes it takes a lot to get a good laugh out of me. However, I will dance, sing, and talk like an absolute crazy person for my baby. Lately, I belt out the Sesame Street theme song because it is the only thing that will get my child to look at me and not practice ninja moves during a diaper change.

Secondhand eating
Sometimes Jax drops food he is trying to feed himself and it lands on his bib, either from his hand or from falling out of his mouth. Sometimes, I am too lazy to try and throw these pieces away, so the obvious most logical option is to eat this partially chewed food. Laziness for the win.

Bathroom business
Sometimes I take my laptop into the bathroom and do internet searching, blogging, or homework in peace. Jackson can't get in and this is one of the few times where Mike respects that he can't call for me until I'm done. So I take a LONG time.
I also run the water for the shower, lock the door, and proceed to tweeze my eyebrows, examine my face, play with my hair, and do just about anything I can think of. This has become my quiet time, which is a little bit sad.

I hope a lot of moms relate to these and aren't calling the cops on me, but it is funny to hear what moms do to keep their sanity all the while keeping their kids happy! 

2 comments:

  1. I could not agree more about cleaning the pump parts! No sickness must mean that it's fine...at least that's what I'm going with :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cleaning the pump is the WORST!!!!
    Thanks so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

 
End of code a066643bb8ed59c9c7b30b6330a639ea796168fa0a83aa603f