Friday, May 29, 2015

Friday Favorites

Finally, another Friday is here. Having Monday off made this a short week, and it really did fly by, but it always seems that Friday just can't come soon enough. I am linking up for Friday Favorites today and sharing some of my favorite happenings lately.


1. This cardigan. I love the asymmetrical design, that it is loose, and such a pretty color. I checked it out in the store and it is also super lightweight. You can get it now for 30% off!

2. Getting my mornings back. I had gotten in the habit of working at 6am. The mornings were rough, but being out of the office at 2:30 was incredible. Starting a new job had me a little stressed about needing to 'work late', aka until 4:30 or normal people time. However, because of baby's internal clock, we have still been waking up early, allowing me to enjoy the quiet of the morning, take my time, and play with my little man. I have forgotten how much I love the peace of early mornings. I am adjusting to needing to be at work lately, but it might not be too terrible!

3. Home showings. We have put our house on the market and have multiple showings this week. This has meant a house that needs to be spotless every day when I leave for work. It is a bit of a pain, but is also sooo nice to come home to a perfectly clean house!

4. Summer weather. We had a decent spring, but never really hit those warm temps everyone looks forward to. These last few days have been in the 80s for the first time all year, and I conveniently had to work an outdoor event all day yesterday. Darn. It was just terrible I swear.

5. Being famous. This week, I was out at a local elementary school to do helmet fittings and education for the kids. While adjusting the helmet of one little girl, she pointed to my name badge and asked me who the person in the picture was. I explained that it was a picture of me, and it was just a badge I wore when I was working. Very matter of factly, she looked at me and said 'I've seen her in a movie'. Of course I tried my best not to laugh and just replied, 'oh, no. It's just me!' To which she shrugged her shoulders, repeated 'I saw her in a movie', and walked away. I still don't know which movie I starred in, but apparently I made an impression. Sometimes kids can brighten your entire day with one adorable and out of left field comment!

After a busy week, I cannot wait to spend this weekend relaxing, spending time with family, and enjoying my first weekend of no homework since December! Linking up with the fabulous ladies below today!

2 comments:

  1. The last one made me laugh! That's too cute. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA little kids are so funny:) how cute is that
    Happy Friday!!
    Chelsea@ thewilliamsjourney1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

 
End of code a066643bb8ed59c9c7b30b6330a639ea796168fa0a83aa603f