Thursday, September 28, 2017

Date Night Look

*This post is written in collaboration with Pink  Blush. Thank you for supporting the brands that support Stang&Co!

I don't know about you, but I always end up gravitating towards the same pieces for my closet. Basics for work, cozy things to wear around the house, and casual jeans and sweatshirts are my go-to items. I always have a hard time justifying the 'fun' purchases, because my current life just doesn't allow me to wear them all that often. But when I saw this pretty lavender number, I couldn't help but scoop it up for a fun date night look! We don't get out often enough, but with both of our birthdays and our anniversary all falling within a one month window, this time of the year allows us a few extra opportunities to go out. And when they are MY big days, I am able to demand we throw on something a little bit fancy, even though my hubby prefers to wear a hoodie 99% of the time ;-)
Top // Pants // Clutch (old, similar here, here, and here)
 
 
I love everything about this piece, from the tie detailing in the back, to the cutout shoulders, to the fluttery details on the sleeves. Confession time: this is actually a dress! But at 6 feet tall, it ended up workout perfectly as a tunic top for me, and I love how it looks tucked into the waistband; it completely changes the look and feel of it! It could still be used as a dress/tunic with a pair of leggings and booties, too.
What is your favorite look to wear for date night? And what is your favorite thing to do when you get a night out!?

 

5 comments:

  1. You look amazing, Mackensey!! This dress is gorgeous and it looks every bit as good as a tunic! I love how you styled it. We go to a ball every January and I'll have to keep this dress in mind... I'll probably start looking for something in the next month or two!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOu always pick out the cutest things from Pink Blush. I love this outfit on you. You look amazing. I hope you had fun on our date night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. super cute :) and date night - yippee! xoxo ERIN

    ReplyDelete

 
End of code a066643bb8ed59c9c7b30b6330a639ea796168fa0a83aa603f