Tuesday, August 29, 2017

One Last Hurrah for Summer Fashion

Raise your hand if you cannot believe summer is over? Seriously. The other day, I got an e-mail from my beloved Caribou Coffee that perks members officially have access to their Pumpkin Spice Lattes. I mean really, how is it possibly pumpkin spice season? When did this happen? I still just don't know if my fall loving heart is quite ready to kiss this summer goodbye.
 While we may be on the brink of sweater weather (at least here in Minnesota), I am still squeezing out every last day of bright, colorful fashion that I can. I about died when I saw this kimono; the fringe, the pink and purple florals, and it has velvet in it! It is still very thin, but in person the velvet gives the most gorgeous shine and texture to it. It is such a fun piece, and I am going to continue rocking it until Minnesota weather tells me otherwise.
 On another note, while it may be the season of pumpkin, my parents have two huge apple trees and as of this week some of them are officially ripe for the picking! I love pumpkin, but if we are being honest, apple is the flavor of fall that truly has my heart. I get all of the warm fuzzies already thinking of the Sunday afternoons spent baking up an apple crisp while the boys nap, the windows are open, and football is playing in the background. I guess maybe I am ready for fall, as long as it means eating all of the apple crisp ;-)
 What are your thoughts of summer colors during the fall? Do you trade it all in for the warm neutrals, or are you a color person year round!?
 
*This post is written in collaboration with Pink Blush.  All thoughts are solely my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that support Stang&Co!

5 comments:

  1. Cute kimono!! I love wearing colors year round but I really do try to go with solids and neutrals more in the fall and winter.
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really don't know how this happened so quickly because it feels like summer just started. This kimono is so cute on you! I love the color. I try to keep some color going during the fall and winter but it's not as bright as I would go for spring or summer. Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm definitely a color person year round- hot pink pants in December? Yes, ma'am!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Give me all the color all year round! I love me some color! And I should really snag one of these because it could easily carry me to early November here in the south with our crazy warm temps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that color on you. I really need to add more kimonos into my wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete

 
End of code a066643bb8ed59c9c7b30b6330a639ea796168fa0a83aa603f