Friday, August 18, 2017

Friday Favorites

WHEW. We made it to Friday. I am taking a much needed long weekend, with nothing on the agenda that really required me doing so. Work this week was an absolute whirlwind. I found out on Wednesday that my boss resigned, without notice, so in a matter of hours I became pretty lost in terms of what projects to continue working on, what this means for the future of our department, and basically how to proceed. Our section vice president has been incredibly supportive and helpful during the transition, but I still am quite frankly feeling a bit shell shocked by the whole situation! With that being said, this weekend is more than welcome, and I am excited to see some old friends on Sunday, and just enjoy some down time with family. Before doing that, I am sharing some of my favorites from this week that has had a lot of less than favorites ;-)

1. Peplum and Stripes
I have been seeing this top all over the place lately, and it was just restocked in all sizes! I love stripes, and the peplum detailing just makes it the perfect piece to dress up or down. I ordered it and can't wait to try it out!

2. ThredUp
I was lucky enough to have the opportunity to try out some pieces courtesy of ThredUp recently, and am SO in love with what I got. I have never been much of a second-hand shopper, but ThredUp has truly changed my perspective. I was able to snag this sweater below, as well as a designer dress and a Zara scarf for less than $75. The retail price on all of these pieces was close to $700! Seriously, I could not believe the quality items I got at that price. I am going to be living in this sweater all fall while sipping on my pumpkin spice lattes ;-)
3. Baby Jeans
If there is one weakness I have besides baby pajamas, it is baby jeans. I just don't know if there is anything more adorable than a baby booty in a pair of blue jeans! This month it has really cooled off, and we have had to swap out for warmer clothing a few times already, so I am stocking up on fall essentials for my boys. Lincoln in these jeans literally KILLS me. And for Jackson, I love the soft waistband on these and these.

4. Little Baby Bum
Kind of by accident, we stumbled upon the Little Baby Bum videos on Netflix in the past few weeks. They have nursery rhymes, songs about colors, shapes, sharing, and they have about 92834 versions of 'Wheels On The Bus' which is quickly becoming my least favorite song. But you guys, these videos absolutely captivate my kiddos. Jackson asks to watch it constantly, and loves to repeat all of the shapes, colors, and words that he hears. I don't necessarily advocate television as a means of education, but he is seriously leaving so much from these videos! If you need a mama break and don't want to turn on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse for the hundredth time, these videos really are great!

5. The cheesiest smiles
I was trying to capture some photos of the boys the other day, and by some miracle they both sat perfectly still, stared straight at the camera, and smiled million dollar smiles. You guys, I could not pose them like this again if I tried. In fact, I did try, because Mike said he wishes there wasn't a box in the background haha! And sure enough, they wanted nothing to do with it. I don't know if and when I will ever get a picture of them like this again, so it is my current favorite and likely will be for a long time! I could just eat these two up, I don't think I could love them any more if I tried!

I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend, can you believe we are already into the end of August!? This summer just FLEW by, I hope you all enjoy what is left of it!


6 comments:

  1. Both my girls have issues wearing jeans... one daughter is too skinny and the other has too big of a booty! They still look the cutest while wearing them though - little girls in denim is just too much! Have a great weekend! Hope you can stop by my blog today =0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about work. That would be stressful. Baby jeans are adorable! I am going to have to get on the ThredUp train. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Give me alllll the baby jeans and baby pajamas!! Now if it could just cool off enough to wear them in Georgia :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I've heard about Thread Up and have been thinking about trying it!! Glad to hear that you like it!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Friday! I am loving that sweater you got from ThredUp! And your wildflower pics are my fav. Can the boys be any cuter in that last pic?!? I can barely get both of mine to look at the camera at the same time and smile. This is gold!! Hope everything works out for you at work. Enjoy your weekend! Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have good luck with Thred up too especially their shoes. Babies in jeans are the CUTEST - amen! xoxo ERIN

    ReplyDelete

 
End of code a066643bb8ed59c9c7b30b6330a639ea796168fa0a83aa603f