Thursday, August 24, 2017

Coffee Talk

Is anyone else in absolute disbelief that summer is drawing to a close? We are literally only one week away from pumpkin spice lattes, and I'll be honest, I'm not sad about it! So in the spirit of fall, grab your favorite spiced coffee, cozy up on the couch and pretending it feels like fall outside, and let's chat.
If we were having coffee, I would tell you...
 
I am feeling more lost with my career than I have in a long time. I mentioned last week that my boss resigned without notice, and ever since our department has kind of been in a frenzy and no one really knows what to do next. I am at a point of really weighing my options, but it is so overwhelming to ever consider doing something new.
 
In my dream world, I would work 2-3 days a week. Some days, I kick myself for not going into a career that works shifts so I could have this be more of an option. I so badly wish I had the desire to be a nurse, but I just know that isn't the right career for me. I hate not being with my kiddos more and being able to spend more time taking care of our house, and yet I know I would go crazy being home full time.
 
Every time the Powerball gets really high, Mike and I buy a ticket and then talk about what we would do with the money. And we legitimately end up in heated discussions. Over the lottery that we will never win.
 
I am relieved we are beyond party season. In a matter of four months, I threw birthday parties for both of my boys, a baby shower, a bridal shower, and have hosted family over to our house numerous times for dinners. While I love spending time with loved ones and planning these parties, I planned so many in such a short window and am more than ready for a breather.
 
Speaking of birthdays, September is both mine and Mike's birthdays, and then October is our anniversary. These occasions are all taken as an opportunity to go out to a restaurant and NOT cook ;-) I already have plans for childcare and dinner lined up for my birthday, and I already can't wait!
 
I am so off tracking with any sort of meal planning, and healthy eating has not been a priority at all lately, but I so desperately want to change that. Especially because the holidays will be here soon, and if I just continue how I have been going I know it is going to be bad news for me.
 
Since quitting breastfeeding, I put back on a few pounds, but also feel like my body is the most out of shape it has been in years. I am thinking we are finally at a point where if we got a new gym membership we might use it. I can't find a spot in our new house that would be good for a workout, but I NEED to do something!!
 
We are still in the process of potty training, and I feel like we are at an absolute stand still. He is in underwear all day, but still won't tell us he has to go (we have to ask), and he outright refuses to #2 on the potty. I am seriously about to lose my mind and am just so over it. I am even reaching the point where I sometimes get frustrated at him, which I know isn't fair. I am getting desperate, so am more than willing to hear people's tips and trips!
 
With that, I was just scrolling the channels and stumbled across Sweet Home Alabama, so it is time for me to sign off and watch Reese Witherspoon decide which hearththrob to marry ;-)
 
Happy Friday Eve!
 
Linking up with Annie today!

7 comments:

  1. Walker was potty trained right after Knox was born (on his own doing, not ours!) and he wouldn't poop on the potty for anything. I kept him in underwear all day and he would walk around like a little old man: hunched over, would tell me he had to go and so I'd put him on the potty and he wouldn't do it, and I was so frustrated (and exhausted from a newborn). Finally, I stuck him in a swim diaper and made Brandon go swimming with him at our neighborhood pool. He said he had to go, so Brandon pulled him out of the pool and made him go on one of those nasty toilets there...and he did it. I think it just took him actually DOING it (and not with a potty seat, etc.) and then he was fine! But I totally understand it being frustrating; I was so frustrated I could have banged my head against a wall at times dealing with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It took Jack awhile to poop in the potty and my girlfriends little girl it took months and months. And then one day she just did it and hasn't looked back. Hang in there mama, potty training sucks! Patrick bought powerball tickets last night too...guess we aren't waking up millions of dollars richer this morning, womp womp ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry to hear about your job situation - that would definitely be rough!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never thought I was a gym type of person because I always work out from home, but last year when a Planet Fitness opened right around the corner from work all of my coworkers signed up for it and ended up recruiting me as well. The only reason I did it is because it's only $10 a month and I figured I could use it for the cardio. Girl, it ended up being the best thing I've done for my health in years! The funny part is that all of my coworkers who were all excited about it have since quit going, and I (the person who wasn't going to sign up in the first place) am the only person who still goes. Haha. Do you guys have PF up there? There motto is that it is a judgement free zone and that's why I love it so much. I have never once felt intimidated there. And it's only $10 a month!! So even if I didn't go for an entire month I wouldn't even feel guilty about spending the money!

    ReplyDelete
  5. *Their motto, not there!!!! I swear that was a mistake. Haha. I always hate it when people mix those up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So I remember Lindsay's (above me) son didn't want to poop in the potty either. It makes me scared because the girls start potty training at preschool in 2 weeks. They do it at home, but we are not consistent. Sutton will poop on the potty but Avery only has once. They would rather play. That is crazy that your boss just quit. That would scare me and worry me too. I want to work 2 to 3 days a week too. wouldn't that be amazing. I hope you have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad that party season is over for you- I got so burnt out from hosting, that I've taken it down to just a Christmas party and the kids' birthdays. If you can clear just a little space for a yoga mat by your tv, I promise there are so many great workouts on YouTube that you can do from home with just a couple of weights. I share my favorites on Tuesdays on my blog, and I really think they are effective.

    ReplyDelete

 
End of code a066643bb8ed59c9c7b30b6330a639ea796168fa0a83aa603f