Thursday, August 18, 2016

Confessions

It has been awhile since I linked up for some confessions, but now that life is finally (kind of sort of) settling down, I figured I would jump back in! I am a working mama, so you know I do plenty of things that should (or maybe shouldn't) be confessed!




I confess..




I make a TON of milk, and have to pump on top of feeding, not even for the sake of building a stash, but for my personal comfort. And sometimes I have gotten lazy and not bagged milk, it has gone bad, and I have dumped it. I AM SO SORRY OTHER MOMS!! I know so many ladies struggle to even produce enough to cover feedings, but I seriously make so much that I have come to not appreciate the 'liquid gold' and totally do not respect it the way I should. If anyone knows of an easy donation program or ways to put excess milk to good use, I am all ears because my freezer can only store so much.


I am having a hard time justifying buying ANYTHING for myself now that I have two kids and a new house. I wanted to buy this shirt something fierce, but every time I went to pull the trigger I just couldn't.


After deciding to not buy the shirt above, I went ahead and finally purchased Jackson this comforter in the red and blue stripe for his bed (that for the past six months has just gotten by with sheets and random quilts), and this crib skirt for Lincoln. Priorities, right?


I drink too much caffeine. Considering I am breastfeeding, I should still monitor my intake and limit it. But do I have two babies and half of the sleep that I should? Yep. Is caffeine necessary for my survival? Yup.


I have been beginning the hunt for a new mirror as well as jewelry organizer for our new bedroom, and came across this. Umm..is this genius or what!? I am dying to know if it is as great as it appears to be.


Jackson has a cold, and when I am sitting on the couch and comfortable, I will sometimes wipe his nose with his shirt, my shirt, or any random piece of clothing or blanket that is in the area. Because sometimes throwing things in the wash in a few hours sounds better than walking across the room for a tissue.


Unpacking makes me so anxious. I know it takes time and is a process, but I just want everything put away! We have all of our every day items in place, but even those need organization. I would love to just have everything in its place so I can really start decorating.


We have an entire house to furnish, as in my boys don't even have dressers in their rooms, but the day we moved in as soon as we had everything moved into the garage Mike and I ran to Best Buy and purchased this TV for our bathroom. And you better believe we had that baby hooked up by the end of the weekend. Because TV in bathroom is clearly more important than storage for clothes. AND it is white and matches the bathroom and is seriously a pretty TV. WIN.


Linking up with Annie for Thoughts on Thursday and Danielle for Confessions today!

5 comments:

  1. I love that you got a tv for your bathroom. I would love to do that too!!! I love that Tired as a Mother shirt because it is soooo true. So tired. My girls are 20 months and are going through a bit of a sleep regression. Ugh. Not fair. I have wiped snotty noses on clothes too. I pumped for twins and had a great stash until I got mastitis. Keep pumping so you don't get it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That TV sounds pretty! Good luck unpacking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a bunch of breastmilk that I offered to my friends and family on FB and luckily two moms friends are having supply issues and wanted some. You could try that or look into seeing if there is a Human Milk for Human Babies page for your area- there are lots of moms posting needing milk in Minnesota where I live, that would be a good way to donate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I pumped so much with my first son and he never took a bottle so I trashed it all (after it was too old, apparently.) My supply was crazy too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My sister donated 1600 oz to a milk bank when she pumped for her twins. I can get the name of the bank if you'd like; otherwise she's now donating to a local (St Cloud) mom whose supply is low

    ReplyDelete

 
End of code a066643bb8ed59c9c7b30b6330a639ea796168fa0a83aa603f