Monday, January 8, 2018

Snow Day Fun

After two straight weeks of not seeing temperatures above zero degrees (I wish I was kidding), we were beginning to go a little stir crazy. I just said to Mike this weekend that, while I always feel bad when I wish time away, I always am happy to see the next four or five weeks fly by. January and February in Minnesota are just tough. Especially with little kids who don't know how to communicate when they are cold or need to go inside, it gets difficult to take them outside, or even to run errands. There is a LOT of bundling up that goes into a simple trip to the grocery store when you are dealing with temperatures that are twenty degrees below zero. But yesterday, we finally saw a break in the cold and for the next few days we will be enjoying temperatures right around 30 degrees; that may not seem very warm, but keep in mind that is fifty degrees warmer than where we were at a week ago. So, we had to take advantage and take the boys over to my in laws for some sledding! All of the cousins were there, and we had so much fun playing in the snow. Jackson quickly figured the whole situation out, and was carrying his own sled up the hill just to set off on his next run with zero assistance. Lincoln was as happy as could be being pulled in the sled, riding down on the tube with his brother, and acting as though he was going to lick the tree. Not sure why he thought that was funny, but he is my silly second child and he never actually licked it, so I just played along ;-) Feel free to scroll down below for a photo dump of our fun. We were outside for what must have been a solid hour, and all of the kids were treated to hot chocolate and whipped cream once we went back inside. It was one of those bright spots that make winter almost (maybe) bearable!




















2 comments:

  1. Look at those sweet little snow angels! Gosh, I want some snow so bad! We had that tease back in December and now nothing. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for some this winter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at how much fun they are having! These pictures are adorable and what great memories. My boys hated sledding last year and we haven't even attempted it with them this year yet, but I have a feeling we haven't seen the last of the snow. Sierra~Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete

 
End of code a066643bb8ed59c9c7b30b6330a639ea796168fa0a83aa603f