Friday, April 29, 2016

Bumpdate: 37 Weeks and Friday Favorites

Mixing up my 'Five on Friday' with the good old bumpdate this week. We are really getting down to the wire on this pregnancy!

1. Bumpdate
WOOHOO! We made it to full term. And yes, I know that 'full term' is most recently classified as 39 weeks, baby should keep baking as long as possible, etc. for all of you nay-sayers out there ;-) BUT, my hospital holds 37 weeks as the mark where a baby is no longer considered 'premature'. Jackson was premature by five days, and while he was perfectly healthy, this did result in him getting poked with a needle a few more times than he would have otherwise needed. So, I am celebrating hitting 37 weeks if only for the fact that, assuming all else goes well, baby boy won't need any extra glucose test pricks to his precious little feet :-) Of course, he is welcome to hang out for the next few weeks, I really don't mind. I am technically in new territory here as I didn't make it this far with Jackson, so I am curious to see how much more uncomfortable this final month of pregnancy truly is!


How far along? 37 weeks
Gender: A baby boy, who is getting squishier by the minute :-)
Total weight gain: 31 pounds
Maternity clothes? Yes, but unless the weather absolutely does not permit, I am rocking maxi dresses and skirts from here on out.
Stretch marks? I still think there is that one tiny one between my belly button and piercing hole, it it is a small little circle and just looks kind of odd. I know I have preached it before, but the Baby Belly Bar is the absolute best. It goes on thick but isn't sticky, and I will put it on at night and seriously still can feel it on my skin 24 hours later. It has saved me from dealing with itchy skin for sure!
Belly button in or out: I would definitely say flat. 
Sleep: Decent. I wouldn't say it has been as good as last week, but not terrible either.
Exercise: I am saying with quite a bit of certainty that I went for my last official run of my pregnancy last Friday. My hips and lower back were not feeling good at all after the fact, and by Friday evening it was seriously a chore just to lift my legs and hips to put on a pair of pants. Still doing arm workouts and going on as many walks as possible, though! And happy to report that the walking doesn't result in any hip or back pain!
Best moment this week: Passing 36 weeks 2 days, which means I officially made it further this pregnancy than I did my last! Did I spend a good chunk of Sunday morning feeling deja vu and praying my water didn't break? Um, yes...
Miss Anything? Laying on my back without getting dizzy. Not feeling super full after a few bites of food. And being able to keep up with Jax; sometimes it is impossible to say no to him and I lift him or do things that I realize pretty quickly I simply cannot do for the next few weeks.
Movement: Still lots, especially at night.
Food cravings: Anything sweet. All of the fruit I can get my hands on. And anything cold and fizzy. Yesterday at a work seminar they had Diet Dr. Pepper and oh my goodness, did that hit the spot!
Symptoms: Braxton hicks, which have definitely gotten more and more frequent, even to the point where I have started timing them. Still some lower back pain. Occasional crampiness.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Not really!
Labor Signs: Not that I am aware of! Braxton hicks are definitely picking up, but nothing painful yet, just uncomfortable.
Wedding rings on or off? On, it really seems to depend on the day in terms of if I feel swelling or not. I notice on rainy and humid days it fits a bit tighter, but I haven't had any real troubles getting it on/off.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy, still just trying to get as ahead as possible on work/home things so we are ready for baby's arrival! 
Looking Forward To: My doctor's appointment today. I was at 1cm and 50% effaced last week, so I am just curious to see if I have progressed at all!  

2. Old Navy is killing it, as per the usual, with their new summer line. I shared my favorites yesterday for the perfect casual, go-to outfit. How perfect is this tank top!? And you can never go wrong with a pair of denim cutoffs.
 3. I am due for a Jackson update sometime soon here I suppose, but he still just isn't where he technically 'should' be for his speech. However, this week he has really started repeating things, including 'OH', 'pat pat', and letters, particularly 'T' and 'G'. It is exciting to see him finally taking an interest in repeating what we are saying and communicating through words. We have called him, more than once, our 'selective listener', and I am so happy he is finally choosing to chat a bit more!

4. I have started trying out lipsticks more in the past year or so, but more often than not I still feel a bit out of my element. I found this shade recently and it is perfect! It goes on smooth, gives my lips a pop of color, yet doesn't feel like I am wearing a lipstick that you can see across the room. And you really cannot beat the price!

5. When I am not focusing on my pregnancy and debating whether or not every sign and symptom is an indication of labor starting, I am thinking about our house! I shared where we are currently at with our building process, and even since then we have had more going on! I am trying not to get overly optimistic, but for where we are at currently, things are moving along well and moving is getting closer and closer by the day! My in-laws are great and I love them dearly, but I cannot put into words how excited I am to have my OWN HOUSE again! 


7 comments:

  1. Congrats on making it to full term!! I haven't been to ON in quite some time but that white tank is calling my name! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on making it to full term!! Love your ON picks :) Glad to hear Jackson is chatting with you all more and that your house progress is moving along! No matter how much you love people, there's nothing like being in your own space!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, you do not even look like you've gained 31 lbs! And I know you are so excited about having your own house!!!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  4. you're so cute. I'm not even sure how 31 pounds found its way onto your body-you look great! and I do not at all miss that full feeling after eating..its amazing how 2 bites makes you full! haha home stretch!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so close! And how great to make it to full-term! That is always such a relief. Your bump is adorable! And so exciting about your new house! We lived with my parents for 5 weeks while we were looking for a house and it was the longest 5 weeks of my life! There is nothing like your own space. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so close and yay for making it this far! Old Navy has been killing it lately!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete

 
End of code a066643bb8ed59c9c7b30b6330a639ea796168fa0a83aa603f