Friday, December 11, 2015

Bumpdate: 17 Weeks

Another week down! This one marked a huge one for me, as I am officially done.done.done. with grad school!! To be honest, I am already having panicky moments of wondering 'what I need to do' or wondering how I am going to spend a whole weekend with no homework to do. I am pinching myself a bit. Am I really done with school forever? We also received the first draft of our HOUSE PLANS, and have been going over them with a fine tooth comb this week. So many big, surreal things happening in our lives lately, and I sometimes have to stop and remind myself how blessed I really am. 

Also, pardon the completely inconsistent photos. I literally was not 'home' at a time this week where I could solicit the help of Mike to take a picture against the wall, so an early morning snapshot at my parent's is what it had to be! 
 Sweater from Express (non-maternity)
Long and Lean tank from The Buckle (non-maternity) 
 
How far along? 17 weeks
Total weight gain: I will know after my doctor's appointment today for sure, but I think I am sitting at 2-3 pounds. Thanksgiving followed by four straight days of catered food working Holly Ball last weekend was not good for this mama!
Maternity clothes? Nope. My normal jeans are actually still pretty comfortable, but I know those days are numbered. I am pretty stocked up though, I have two pairs of maternity jeans, leggings from my first pregnancy, and lots of big sweaters and a few long sleeve maternity shirts. 
Stretch marks? No
Belly button in or out: In
Exercise: Not much this week, between working literally all last weekend and then having my final presentation on Tuesday night, work and school took priority. I did managed to get over to the gym yesterday afternoon for a run, though! Maybe Mike and I will have to start enlisting the help of our parents a few nights a week and get back to our old 'gym dates'...
Best moment this week: I. AM. DONE. WITH. GRAD. SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And am wondering how long I wait without being obnoxious and demanding that MBA is added to my title on my name badge at work. To enjoy these weeks now leading up to the holidays with no homework, tuition payments, or any of that has me feeling so so happy. All of those days wondering if I was insane going to a full time school schedule were absolutely worth it, because being done now sure as heck beats my original plan of being done in May!
Miss Anything? Fitting into clothes. I still fit into my clothes, but not like normal. And I am not close to fitting into maternity clothes yet, so I am floating in awkward not skinny not pregnant land right now.
Movement: Yep! It seems to be getting more regular, and I definitely feel it most when I am sitting or lying still. I can't wait for it to be more consistent and the little 'thumps', I remember loving that early popcorn feeling so much with Jackson.
Food cravings/aversions: Chipotle on the way home from class Tuesday. I also had a craving for rice krispies with sliced banana and almond milk this week in the worst way. Once I finally got it, it was the most heavenly bowl of cereal that ever happened to me.
Symptoms: Definitely mood swings this week, and after being on my feet for four days straight for Holly Ball, I was just feeling it on Sunday. It was just physically too much and I definitely was feeling the fact that my body just can't handle that much being up and about for such a long time.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Coffee, particularly straight black coffee. Otherwise, I am moving into hungry pregnant lady territory, beware.
Labor Signs: No
Wedding rings on or off? On.  
Happy or Moody most of the time: Pretty up and down this week, but there was just a lot going on and I think I would have had the moments of spontaneous tears whether I was pregnant or not. But today I am HAPPY and enjoying a 3 day weekend and can't wait to hear baby's heartbeat!
Looking forward to: Getting to check up on baby today! Nothing beats hearing that sweet heartbeat. Also, I am soliciting the help#letsberealprobablytantrumsforchocolate of Jackson to bake some Christmas cookies this weekend. I finally have free time to do these things and couldn't be more excited!!!




17 comments:

  1. I doubt most of these things will be relevant/apparent for several weeks. But congrats on finishing up school and on your house plans. Sounds like lots of big but good changes are happening
    http://makingrestorations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, big changes but we are having a lot of fun with it all!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! That is a huge accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just realized we're on the exact same week of pregnancy! So fun!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How exciting!! I hope you have been feeling great, can you believe we are almost halfway already?!

      Delete
  4. Congrats! How exciting! I started wearing maternity clothes at about 25-27 weeks! I hated them! Enjoy growing your little love! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow you held off for awhile! I am nowhere close to filling out maternity jeans, but have definitely been converted to wearing leggings and yoga pants most of the time :-)

      Delete
  5. Congrats on being done with Grad School :)
    Chelsea @ thewilliamsjourney1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chelsea, my husband has already been asking 'what I am going to do on my first Tuesday night off' tomorrow :-)

      Delete
  6. Congrats on finishing grad school!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on finishing grad school! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! A huge weight lifted, and now time to enjoy lots of Christmas cookies :-)

      Delete
  8. eek! you look so adorable! congrats on your huuuge accomplishment! now sit back, relax and enjoy the holidays! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Lots of enjoying was done this weekend with no homework in sight.

      Delete
  9. Just came across your blog thanks to the Friday link ups. Congratulations on baby #2. You look great for 17 weeks! Your little boy is so cute.

    ReplyDelete

 
End of code a066643bb8ed59c9c7b30b6330a639ea796168fa0a83aa603f