Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Small Shops Worth Knowing

If there is one thing I have loved more than anything about blogging and the connections I have made in this little space, it has been the introduction to so many fun, unique, and inspiring small shops. Most of these businesses are owned and operated by mothers, and it always means so much to know that I am not just supporting a business, but helping to support their beautiful families, too. The personalization of these small shops is incredible; I have gotten to know the owners personally, and as a result want to shout it from the rooftops that I know first hand just how amazing their products and service truly are.


With the holidays just around the corner (I know I know, I just went there), I thought it would be fun to round up a few of my absolute favorite small shops. These items are all so unique and one of a kind, perfect for those most important people in your life!



1. Mcleod Letter Co.
I was so excited to finally get a letterboard this summer, and the sweet folks at Mcleod Letter Co. did not disappoint. Kimberly is one of the absolute sweetest people I have ever met, and she is also so responsive, helpful in answering questions, and invested in her products. I use my letterboard to put up fun quotes, messages for birthdays/holidays, and have let Mike take over a time or two, which usually results in something ridiculous and silly, but he seems to enjoy himself so I oblige. If you don't have a letterboard in your home, I couldn't recommend getting one more. They are the perfect piece to have available for events, to add to your décor, and let you have fun being creative.







2. Saranoni Blankets
These blankets. Oh my goodness you guys, these blankets. They are the softest, most plush blankets I have ever felt. And I don't know about you, but in my opinion a person can never have too many cozy blankets around the house, especially during those cold winter months. These blankets are so perfect for that person that isn't the easiest to shop for, because like I said-no one will say no to some extra cozy being added to the house.


3. Loopy Cases
How many loved ones do you know (or maybe just you) who have dropped their cell phone in the toilet, on the floor, or even on their own face right before bedtime? Loopy Cases have truly been a lifesaver since I got my new and improved iPhone 7 Plus. I don't solely utilize the loop when I am on my phone; it is helpful for having an extra hold on it when I have my hands full, really making me feel more secure and less inclined to drop my phone. These cases come in lots of basic colors, but I am personally obsessed with the marbling on this case!

4. Wonderbly Books
These personalized children's books are absolutely incredible. They have multiple different options, including Lost My Name and The Birthday Thief. These books are so detailed, and through filling out multiple details while ordering, every last page is customized especially for the child who it is being given to. These books are so special, and are total keepsake items. And seeing a little one light up when they see their own name and a character that looks like them on the pages of a book; magical.


5. Made By Mary
There is nothing sweeter than a personalized necklace. Whether it be for yourself, a grandma, or a close friend, there are countless ways to personalize these pretty bar and moon necklaces. I had mine engraved with 'Jax+Link', and I love carrying that little reminder of my boys with me every day. And the necklaces are absolutely beautiful-I would wear them even without the personalized detail because they are so pretty!

6. Slumberkins
These adorable snuggly creatures are some of the cutest things I have ever seen, and function similar to a lovey blanket. Each Slumberkin is developed around a social skill and has an accompanying Sleepytime Rhyme and keepsake Affirmation Card. My littlest guy is obsessed with anything soft and cozy, so these are a no brainer and are a gift I know he would be absolutely obsessed with. The shop owners are two mamas who personally design each and every piece, with the best outcomes for your children in mind!


7. Uncommon Goods
If you are truly searching for something unique, one of a kind, and out of the box, Uncommon Goods has you covered. They host unique pieces from numerous small shops, and have everything from cheeseboards to toys for kids to taco booties for babies. I love that all of the items are from small, self-owned businesses; as with all of these brands, it is so awesome to know who you are supporting when you purchase an item! This site is seriously perfect for that tricky person who you never know quite what to get!


8. Cuddle+Kind
One more gift for the kiddos, these Cuddle+Kind dolls are hand knit, and serve a greater good. For every doll sold, 10 meals are donated to children in need. This sweet company is owned by a small family who has a passion for helping children in need, and the dolls are just precious. To date, they have given over 1.5 million meals! I am constantly blown away by how generous and kind-hearted the owners of these small shops truly are.


9. Flipside Prints
Flipside prints are so much fun, and my boys are absolutely obsessed with them! They attach to a magnetic strip on your wall, and whenever you wish, you are able to flip them, which each side of the panel displaying a different image! They come on clean, white pieces, which make them perfect additions to a play room or nursery. The owner, David, is so kind and invested in his product, constantly striving to improve and build upon what he has already created.

10. Captain Sillypants
I think one of the easiest ways to spruce up your baby's nursery is with adorable sheets. I am absolutely obsessed with our Captain Sillypants crib sheets. They are SO soft, and on top of that, the pattern is absolutely adorable! The little girl options are seriously the CUTEST-I want to scoop up everything in the shop!

I really cannot say enough about all of the amazing small shops I have been able to discover through this community. So many of these people are busy parents, doing their best to provide for their families while pursuing their passions. I love shopping small!

What are some of your favorite places to shop small?




3 comments:

  1. I LOVE UG! They have the most unique stuff! Great for gift giving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually hadn't heard of a few of these! I love learning about new small shops!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soo many cute things here. I love Uncommon Goods. They have amazing stuff. I am definitely checking out Saranoni because we LOVE blankets around our house.

    ReplyDelete

 
End of code a066643bb8ed59c9c7b30b6330a639ea796168fa0a83aa603f